Delete old library

I am trying to add updated Wtv020sd16p.h library (post #247 on page 17) to my library so that I can use the updated functions of set volume. However, because I downloaded and installed the first library version (post #1 on same link) when i try to add the new updated version it says A library named Wtv020sd16p already exists. I also would like to delete the libraries in the red square because they are neatly all placed in the ds3231-master folder already. If possible, I'd also like to put all the time libraries in one master folder as well.

Does anyone happen to know how to do this by any chance? It won't let you delete the files straight from the library examples section, or even drag the files to a masters folder.

clean up.jpg

, just go to your sketchbook folder. In that folder there is a folder called libraries. in that folder you'll find all installed libraries. Delete the folder of the library you want to delete.

I did as you told me, I attached the before and after picture of what I deleted as instructed to the best of my ability. I then restarted the arduino program but as you can see, the example sketch is still there even though the library was deleted. I tried to add the updated libary at one point, and that is why there is aWtv020sd16p folder with a -> sign, and below that there is a Wtv020sd16pexample. This looks sloppy, and I would really like to clean it up.

I also tried deleting the entire libraries folder at one point, even that didn't clear out the examples. The ones I loaded personally seem to also be in the sketchbook folder, but I can't find that in the arduino folder, so I don't know how to play around with it to try to fix myself.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

That's because you're not in YOUR librarie folder. That folder is inside the sketchbook folder. And you happen to have also extracted the libto the default libraries folder (the libraries that ship with Arduino IDE). But this folder is overwritten on an update of the Arduino IDE. So find your sketchbook :slight_smile: The default sketchbook folder is "Documents\Arduino" (so it's not names skechbook...).

And BTW, the "arduino-1.0.6\libraries" is the wrong place to extract any of you're made or downloaded libraries. Put them in the libraries folder inside your skechbook.

The default sketchbook folder is "Documents\Arduino" (so it's not names skechbook...).

Ahhhhhhh! I get it now :slight_smile:

And BTW, the "arduino-1.0.6\libraries" is the wrong place to extract any of you're made or downloaded libraries. Put them in the libraries folder inside your skechbook.

Alright, I'll start doing that. Many thanks!

Well.... Now i'm getting this error message.... Was this caused by deleting those libraries? They weren't relevant to the sketch.

Arduino: 1.5.8 (Windows 8), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Sketch uses 4,626 bytes (1%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253,952 bytes.

Global variables use 464 bytes (5%) of dynamic memory, leaving 7,728 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8,192 bytes.

avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\.\COM7": The system cannot find the file specified.

avrdude: ser_drain(): read error: The handle is invalid.

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

processing.app.SerialException: Error opening serial port 'COM7'.

at processing.app.Serial.(Serial.java:145)

at processing.app.Serial.(Serial.java:90)

at processing.app.SerialMonitor.open(SerialMonitor.java:93)

at processing.app.Editor.handleSerial(Editor.java:2537)

at processing.app.EditorToolbar.mousePressed(EditorToolbar.java:357)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - COM7; Method name - openPort(); Exception type - Port not found.

at jssc.SerialPort.openPort(SerialPort.java:167)

at processing.app.Serial.(Serial.java:141)

... 35 more

Error opening serial port 'COM7'.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

Close and reopen the Arduino IDE. It only looks for libraries when it starts.

That worked..... New problem now. I just tried to open the NTP sketch, and it the serial monitor says

("WiFi shield not present");

I assure you it is attached, and worked fine before upgrading to the 1.5.8 though. The very strange thing to mention is that i've been using the WiFi shield to experiment with the SD library all morning, and it was able to work fine in terms of reading, and writing to the sd card.

Any thoughts on how to address this? Could it be because I used the SD card for a little data logging earlier? The SD card is still inserted into the WiFi shield. Is there a limit on the SD card size that can run with the WiFi shield by the way? I know the sound modules are very particular about the maximal size of the SD card or they won't work correctly. I was wondering if I could use a larger storage SD card so that I could data log more using the WiFi shield?

===================edit================
When you upgrade the WiFi shield firmware, is that upgrade stored on the SD card?

When you upgrade the WiFi shield firmware, is that upgrade stored on the SD card?

That sounds very unlikely if you think about it. How do you upgrade the WiFi shield firmware ?

through the mini usb connection, and I know that by using a regular usb you can load stuff to the wifi shield sd card, so theres probably a reason you have to use the mino usb. I was just putting all the information out in the open, because I don't know what is causing the problem.