Download from arduino

Quick question ... Can I download from the arduino back on to my computer

Yes, you can. You'll get back the hex file that was uploaded, which won't do you a whole lot of good, generally.

So yes but no

maddave: So yes but no

Indeed. You could disassemble it and recover the program that way, but it would be a lot of work. Keep backups ;)

How to get back the hex file?

How to get back the hex file?

First, what are you going to do with it?

Code --> hex is like an encryption process. There is no decrypter available, because the encryption process does not ensure that there is only one output for any given input. Multiple ways of writing the code can result in the same .hex file.

@PaulS.. I know about hex that like what i'll get, but i want to know how to get .hex from Arduino?

[quote author=Saad Khalil link=topic=75718.msg572228#msg572228 date=1318901587] I know about hex that like what i'll get, but i want to know how to get .hex from Arduino?[/quote]

avrdude

Windows user? Look for the .hex file in a location named like this:

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\build45872032138938473.tmp\your_sketch_name.cpp.hex

[quote author=James C4S link=topic=75718.msg572271#msg572271 date=1318905839] avrdude [/quote] Ahh don't go on shortcuts james.. What do you mean, explain lil bit please?

CrossRoads: Windows user? Look for the .hex file in a location named like this: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\build45872032138938473.tmp\your_sketch_name.cpp.hex

i found that place but i want to download the .hex file from Arduino, what should i do for that? Will it be automatically copied to that location(which you specified) whenever i connect arduino??

i want to download the .hex file from Arduino,

Did you look at the avrdude documentation?

AWOL: Did you look at the avrdude documentation?

Not earlier but just now,but i heard for the first time about avrdude.. Thats why asking???