Error: statement cannot resolve address of overloaded function

Writing some code to get the hang of things. Got this error during the compile. Can’t figure it out, seems like I have all my parenthesis in the right places. Probably something to do with my lack of understanding C++. Here’s the code.

#include <Wire.h>

//Variables 
volatile byte rpmcount = 0;
unsigned long rpm = 0;
unsigned long timeold = 0;
int analog_rpm = 0;
int potPin = 1;
int potVal;
unsigned long rpm_max = 0;

void setup()
 {
   attachInterrupt(0, RPM_Func, FALLING);                            //Setup interrupt on pin 2 and set the pull-up resistor on
   digitalWrite(2, HIGH);
   Wire.begin();                                                     //Join I2C bus (address optional for master)
 }

void loop()
 {
   potVal = analogRead(potPin);                                      //Read the maximum RPM pot value, this will be used later for scaling
   rpm_max = map(potVal, 0, 1023, 3500, 10000);
   if (rpmcount >= 5) {                                              //If there are more than 5 counts, calculate the RPM
     rpm = (((rpmcount * 1000000) / (micros() - timeold))) * 60;
     timeold = micros();
     analog_rpm =  map(rpm, 0, potVal, 0, 255);                      //Map the RPM to an analog value based on the earlier value read from 
     writeI2C(analog_rpm);                                           //the potPin and output it to the I2C buffer
     rpmcount = 0;                                                   //Reset the count
   }

else {
     analog_rpm = 0;                                                 //If there are less than five counts, tell the I2C buffer that RPM
     writeI2C(analog_rpm);                                           //is zero
   }
 }

void writeI2C(int val)                                              //Function to write values to the DAC I2C buffer
 {
   const int I2C_address = 0x98;                                     //Write address of I2C DAC
   Wire.beginTransmission(I2C_address);
   Wire.send(val);
   Wire.endTransmission;
 }

void RPM_Func()                                                     //Function used by the interupt to increment the rpm counter
 {
   rpmcount++;
 }

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

-Ian

void writeI2C(int val) //Function to write values to the DAC I2C buffer
{
const int I2C_address = 0x98; //Write address of I2C DAC
Wire.beginTransmission(I2C_address);
Wire.send(val);
Wire.endTransmission(); // <<<<<<<<<
}

You have a, Wire.endTransmission; that should be Wire.endTransmission(); // needs the ()

At least that compiles without errors now, but of course I don't have your same I2C hardware to run and test it.

Lefty

Dam, 8 seconds later the CB ;)

Wire.endTransmission();

Genius, I'm doing it wrong.

Thanks. :grin:

-Ian