ESP32 & Battery powered rgp strip

Hello!

I've started a small project quite sometime ago which I now want to renew and finish.

Long story short: I'm building a rgb unicorn horn for my girlfriend.
I just want to know if I'm overall heading into the right direction and would like to hear some tips.

I want:

• bluetooth controlled via app (including power of leds)
  • battery powered
  • as small as possible

I've worked with arduino before but the bluetooth aspect is above my skill level.
I've got the wemos wifi&bluetooth battery board because of the integrated charge controller and battery holder.
As shown a prototype is already working but it is only running the Neopixel strandtest with none of the esp32 functions used.
I did a bit of research and thunkable seems like the best option for easy app development.
But can anyone recommend a good guide on how to implement bluetooth/ble for esp32?

I also don't really now how to toggle the leds power.
The problem is that after you turn of the board the leds are still powered on and drain the battery without any protection.
A relay seems like the logical option but is it suitable for such a low power appliance? (ca. 100ma@5v).
Or could I directly use a board pin(the step up converter I already use) as a power output for my leds so the leds shut of when the board shuts down?

Hi,
google ble esp32 neopixel

Tom.. :slight_smile:

Here's a guide for the ESP32's little brother, it uses WiFi and an HTML page, which is easier than writing an app, in my eyes.

https://tttapa.github.io/ESP8266/Chap14%20-%20WebSocket.html

You can use a logic level MOSFET to turn off the LED strip.

Pieter

PieterP:
Here's a guide for the ESP32's little brother, it uses WiFi and an HTML page, which is easier than writing an app, in my eyes.

A Beginner's Guide to the ESP8266

You can use a logic level MOSFET to turn off the LED strip.

Pieter

Thank you I'll read the guide.
And why didn't I think of a mosfet isn't like I've had a whole lecture about them.