I recently acquired an ESP32-S3-Touch-LCD-1.54 unit - comes in a small white plastic box with 3 buttons and internal speaker. When I first plugged it into a USB port to power it up, it ran some sort of demo and I pressed a few of the icons and messed around with it and somehow got it into a state where now every time I power it up it shows a white screen with the typical settings gear icon in the center, and under that is some chinese writing along with Xiaozhi-34d9 and http 192.168.4.1 (I haven't tried to connect to that over wifi yet).
Looking at my windows device manager, the device is not showing up as a com port. I'd like to program it - there's some arduino project code for an internet radio I want to try, but like I said it's not showing up as a com port. It has 3 buttons, on the board one of them is labeled as Boot, I hold that down when plugging it into a USB port and the screen remains blank, but still nothing in Device manager. Anyone else fooling around with this module?
edit: ok I tried another board (completely different board) and it also didn't show up in the com port list, so I tried a different cable and then yes both boards worked (com port showed up). Both boards take only USB-C cable. Are there some cables that are power-only, no data?