Esp8266 don't allow reset while awake

Hopefully this isn't the wrong forum for my question.

I'm using a Wemos D1 esp8266 microcontroller that can be awaken from a permanent deep sleep only by a falling edge on the RST pin.

I want the board to be in deep sleep until a movement occurs in front of my PIR motion sensor. On awake, I want the board to stay awake until I put it back to sleep, not allowing new resets from the PIR sensor while awake.

My tries of solving this were unsuccesful and I'm asking if someone could help me with this.

The circuit right now looks like this:

Can you post your code. Are you trying to use the RST pin as an interrupt pin? Reseting will wake the ESP8266, but once awake if it goes low again, won't the device just reset again?

Why did you start a new thread for the same project.
This is counter-productive, and against forum rules.

It's literally: send some data, go to deepSleep.
And the next time it awakes, it does the same thing again. But the "data sending" can last for some time

Surprisingly it doesn't.

It's a different topic, so I thought I'd open a "New topic".

???

Surprisingly, it does. The ESP will reboot every time the RSP pin goes low.

void setup(){
    delay(10000); //simulate longer data sending
    ESP.deepSleep(0);
}

void loop(){

}

Connecting the RST pin directly to ground doesn't reset it. The unplug from the ground is what resets it. That part I don't understand.

I'm very sorry for my lack of knowledge in this, I'm new to this and I'm trying my best to learn.

When RST goes from HIGH -> LOW the ESP8266 will reset. In your setup, this could happen at any time, including when the ESP8266 is awake.

Have a look at this tutorial for some options.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.