Frequency and help

Hello everyone, i'm in a bit of a spot. I have a pre amp and I need to use it to measure a frequency, but I can't find any working information on it using the uno. All the libraries and stuff gives me odd symbols not frequencies. I'm looking to find the value of specific-ish numbers, but i'm a total noob when it comes to arduino, codes and frequencies, but I need to learn. Thanks very much anyone who reads and thanks very very much if u reply. I'm looking for help with the code to use to get a counter to work and maybe a little helpful advice. I just hope it's not give up lol thanks again. The picture included is I know not with the right symbols,but it was drawn so I can understand faster. side note the "m" is mic and the "c" is cap :sweat_smile:

Frequency measurement requires a known standard to compare it to. You can count the number of cycles of the unknown frequency based on a time period derived from your standard. Or you can electronically compare your know standard to the unknown and count the difference between the two. Then add/subtract the difference to/from the standard to give the unknown frequency.

Then you need to decide the accuracy you need to achieve.

Whatever you have drawn may or may not be a preamp, but has no relation to frequency measurement.

Paul

All the libraries and stuff gives me odd symbols not frequencies

No they will give you either a time period or a frequency. One is the reciprocal of the other.

That circuit is a nonsense, sorry it makes no sense at all.

I'm looking to find the value of specific-ish numbers,

Normally the value of a number is that number. You have to know the units of that number in order to make sense of it.

Have you read this:-
http://arduino.datamaster2003.com/f-measurements.htm