Greenhouse Environment Controller

Is it feasible to use Arduino to control the several appliances/devices commonly found in a heated greenhouse. Sensors would be for heating, humidity, fan, extractor, irrigation and so on. Output would control the appropriate appliance. Suggestions appreciated. I have had some experience programming in basic on the Speccy and QL - does that make me old?

Is it feasible to use Arduino to control the several appliances/devices commonly found in a heated greenhouse.

Yes.

Sensors would be for heating, humidity, fan, extractor, irrigation and so on.

You have a sensor for the fan? What does it tell you about the fan?

I have had some experience programming in basic on the Speccy and QL - does that make me old?

No, of course not. It makes you ancient. 8)

Adrifran39:
Is it feasible to use Arduino to control the several appliances/devices commonly found in a heated greenhouse. Sensors would be for heating, humidity, fan, extractor, irrigation and so on. Output would control the appropriate appliance.

You will find a raft of greenhouse projects on this forum. The Arduiono is well suited for this.

I have had some experience programming in basic on the Speccy and QL - does that make me old?

Not at all. It's us Fortran programmers who are old.

Yes of course, I should have searched before I posted but I am old and getting dafter. A fan sensor is a thermostat - you wouldn't want a fan blowing when the lower temperature level is reached would you? When it is cold, it's best to let the air be still.