GUYS HELP ME PLEASE !!

Hey, i have a Servomotor from TowerPro MG958 DIGI, and it won’t work ,i tried many power supplies,12 volts-0.5amps/ 5 volts-2 amps, and i tried with 5v-4amps, The ground from power supply is attached with the ground of my arduino card, “it’s not my first time using servo’s”, my code is like this :

#include <Servo.h>
Servo servo1;
int pot1 = A6;
int valPot1;

void setup()
{
  servo1.attach(3);
  servo1.write(0);  
}
  void loop()
{
  valPot1 = analogRead(pot1);
  valPot1 = map (valPot1, 0, 1023, 0, 180); 
  servo1.write(valPot1); 
  delay(15);
}

please tell me what to do,i’ve been sufferring for almost 3 or 4 months ! Thanks in advanced.

Operating voltage for that servo is 4.8-6.6V. You may have damaged or destroyed it using a 12V supply.

Either of the 5V supplies should have worked, had you tried them first.

Which arduino are you using that has A6 available?

Have you tried the sweep example?

I know of some Arduino Uno with an other than the DIP chip that do have 2 extra analog inputs.
They are only available for that and can't be used as an output or whatever other uses.

I'd use the serial monitor to see which values are read and the result of any calculations (map), just to be sure that's not the cause of your problem while you are trying to debug the servo.

wildbill:
Operating voltage for that servo is 4.8-6.6V. You may have damaged or destroyed it using a 12V supply.

Either of the 5V supplies should have worked, had you tried them first.

Which arduino are you using that has A6 available?

Have you tried the sweep example?

Hey there, yes brother i've tried lower voltages first, and i didn't recieved any response, just the vibrating noises, i have a NANO btw, and yes i've tried the sweep example but nothing

barhoma881:
"it's not my first time using servo's",

I infer from that you have had other servos working properly.

If so, replace the present servo with one that is known to work and see what happens - using not more than 6v to power it.

...R

Robin2:
I infer from that you have had other servos working properly.

If so, replace the present servo with one that is known to work and see what happens - using not more than 6v to power it.

…R

i’ve already done that!, and they’re working great. only this high torque servo that won’t work

barhoma881:
i've already done that!, and they're working great. only this high torque servo that won't work

High torque means HIGH starting current. Just what is this servo and how much starting current does it need?

Paul

barhoma881:
"it's not my first time using servo's"

But it is a failure for this servo.

Since you are having problems, and since it works for small servos but fails for the high power servo, I simply must ask for a wiring diagram showing how you have the servo powered.
Pen, paper and a camera will do just fine.

A very large percentage of all servo problems on this forum are due to improper power for the servo.

I'll take quotes from the movie "My cousin Vinny" for $200 please Alex.

The other possibility (as VinceHerman intimated) is that you're trying to power the servo through the Nano.
That can work for unloaded servos with a low power requirement, but not when the stall current is 1160mA.

here you go the images , the wiring diagrams

The 5V 4A supply is the only one remotely likely to power this high torque servo, 6A might be better.

Its rated at 2Nm and 5.8 rad/s, so the mechanical output power is 12W or so, its a beast.

Also, given the high stall current (1600mA I think) your breadboard may not be able to manage.

MarkT:
The 5V 4A supply is the only one remotely likely to power this high torque servo, 6A might be better.

Its rated at 2Nm and 5.8 rad/s, so the mechanical output power is 12W or so, its a beast.

thanks for your response, so what do you suggest to make it work !?, how i power it !

thanks for your response, so what do you suggest to make it work !?, how i power it !

See reply #11. Solder or use sturdy connectors for the power leads -- do NOT use a breadboard. Don't forget to connect the grounds.

"it's not my first time using servo's",

As already mentioned, you may have destroyed the servo by applying 12V.