Help required with nRF24L01p [Solved?]

Hi there,

I recently acquired a pair of Sparkfun nRF24L01p boards and I'm currently trying to get them communicating. I followed Maniacbug's guide to connect them up and I'm using his library with the 'Getting Started' example sketch but when I switch one of the modules to transmit, I just receive "Now sending [timestamp]...failed. Failed, response timed out".

So I decided to run the Scanner example to see if the default channel wasn't suitable (I don't really have much knowledge in RF so I was clutching at straws possibly) and it appears there is absolutely nothing on all channels. Here's a screenshot of the serial monitor..

I also ran the Poor Man's 2.4 GHz Scanner with similar readings..

Now this doesn't seem to be right to me, that there's NOTHING at all on any channels around me? So I've double checked my connections and they appear to be fine...

Does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT - I've since run both scanners on the second module which is running on an Arduino Uno R2 whereas the first tests were carried out on an Arduino Uno R3. I am getting readings by using the R2 so I shall swap the modules over, test again and report back with results in case it's a defective module/Arduino.

1 Like

So I've swapped the boards over between the two Arduinos as well as swapping the antennae between both configurations and it appears that one of the boards isn't functioning properly.

Apologies for posting before testing thoroughly but maybe someone can learn from my mistakes so I shall leave the thread here :slight_smile:

1 Like