(HELP) Tower Pro MicroServo 9sg

The servo that i used are only able to turn anticlockwise. I need it to turn clockwise but it cant. It is important for a making a rudder.
It only works for this;
myservo.write(60);

But this doesnt work;
myservo.write(-60)

The values passed in the call to write() should be in the range 0 to 180. Negative values are simply
clamped to 0.

oh crap. So does that mean servo can only turn in one direction? is there other alternative? :frowning:

Of course not, it can turn in both directions. 90 is the mid-point.

oh crap. So does that mean servo can only turn in one direction? is there other alternative?

LOL !

:smiley: :smiley:

what is the code to reverse direction?

Sometimes it helps to draw a picture.

Think of 90º as the rudder being straight.

When you set the servo to 180º the rudder turns to the right. When you set the servo to 0º the rudder turns to the left.

Thanks everyone! Finally figured out

@GeckoDiode,
Your diagram was a good way to get the OP back on track. I would only mention (just between you and me) that we both know that in actual practice the rudder shaft would have 90 bend at the end of the rudder shaft that points perpendicular to the axis of the boat so the servo can be FORWARD of the rudder shaft (centered in the center of the boat) would be 90 degrees to that so that if you drew a straight line perpendicular to the servo horn and called that the rudder servo horn, then moved the servo FORWARD and rotated it CCW 90 degrees , the servo horn on the servo would be connected to the servo horn represented by the straight line you just drew , with a metal connecting rod.
This would have to be the case because the rudder is at the bottom of the boat would require a vertical shaft with a servo horn at the end. The rudder servo horn would have to be parallel to the servo servo horn in order for the two to be connected. (thus the need to rotate the servo 90 deg CCW) (admitedly,
the servo could be off to the side but because it's boat, you would want to maintain the balance by centering what ever can be centered, like the rudder servo. In a model airplane the rudder servo is forward of the rudder, centered in the fuselage (or mounted on the tail outside on the side of the fuse.