Help with wiring....

Does anyone know of a good webpage that has leed connectors? So I do not just put push the wires in the connections? My device will move alot and they allways fall out....

Thank You.

:slight_smile:

Those female header connectors on a Arduino are not really designed to hold round wire well. A .025" square pin is what there are designed to work with like the pins sticking up on the ISP connector.

One thing you can do is buy some strip pins (break away headers) and break them off to single pins and solder them to the end of your hook-up wires. The long in goes into the Arduino connectors and the short end could be soldered to you wire.

Lefty

Thank You, That is what I was looking for.

Thank You!

:slight_smile:

It also depends on the gauge. I got a couple sets of these jumpers:

http://store.fungizmos.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=208

They're stranded core inside, which makes them much more flexible than that solid core stuff that everyone buys in spools. But then they've gone ahead and soldered solid core tips, much like retrolefty's suggestion. The solder point is wrapped in rubber, like a heatshrink tubing. The ends aren't square posts, but they are large enough gauge that they haven't slipped out of the female header holes for me.