Hm-10 ble device not working

dmjlambert:
Just curious, how did you figure out you had CC-41A?

Several hints that will tell you it's a CC41-A clone:

-It's missing a crystal in the top left corner (placing the Bluetooth antenna on top facing you)
See http://wiki.makespacemadrid.org/images/7/72/HM-10-fake.jpg

-It needs CR+LF terminated commands to reply. Original HM-10 will reply to any unterminated AT commands

-Doesn't support usual commands like AT+ADTY3 or AT+DELO2 needed for best performance as a beacon. When you issue an unsupported command you don't get any reply at all in a clone

-First commands you try, like AT+VERR? or AT+VERS? following usual guides don't return anything.

Im telling you as I fell for one of this. I found an article on how to flash them (using an arduino in between) with the original HM-10 firmware thou

Thank you

edugimeno:
Im telling you as I fell for one of this. I found an article on how to flash them (using an arduino in between) with the original HM-10 firmware thou

Can you give a link to the article that shows how to flash them please?

dmjlambert:
Can you give a link to the article that shows how to flash them please?

No luck... I tried to follow the directions myself to flash them but after downloading the .ino and the windows .exe, next step was to download the firmware (according to the author, the firmware in the original board website was not usable as it was missing the boot loader and something else) but the guy who had the special firmware in his website had removed it as he had abandoned the project. I've spent hours looking for another mirror or site hosting the same file with no luck...sorry

leogar07:
The sketch I use to communicate with my HM-10 is

Hi leogar07. Your sketch worked perfectly after I realised that I had a less than original copy and that I had to add the CR+LF. My question is, do you, or anybody else for that matter, know why I can't do the same with the Arduino UART? Instead of using a software serial port, I would like to use the hardware UART that comes with the UNO (Rx and Tx) but I can´t seem to get it to work

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I also try to burn firmware on a copy of HM-10 (based on a CC2541), I have found how to flash the CC2541 using Arduino but don't find the original firmware of the HM10 :confused:

Can you post the link to the article where it explain that the original firmware is not good ?

Thanks,

Hello,

I am trying to setup my HM-11 module using the code above. I have the AT command responding with an OK however whenever I try to get anything else working I don't get a response or I just receive null values. I tried sending AT+DEFAULT and AT+RESET to just restart the entire module back to factory settings, however there is still no proper response other than the nulls. I also tried resetting the baud rate to what I hoped was the default, however again there is no proper response. I tried ever baud setting within Realterm and nothing happens.

I was able to set up the device earlier viewing the MAC address and setting the mode to Master, however since then I'm out of luck regarding responses.

Thanks,

Hello,

For those who want the full firmware, I have found them, ask me by PM :wink:
So with the CCLoader and this full firmware it's possible to burn HM10 on any cc2541 board.

Hi!

It would be very very great if you can tell us where to find instructions to flash cc2541 via arduino.
For the HM-10 firmware I found it on the jnhuamao website.

Sincerely if you find a way to change fake cc41-into real HM-10 it would be awesome!

bye

Hi,

I will write a tutorial this day as many many user have the same problem.

For the HM-10 firmware I found it on the jnhuamao website.

This firmware is useless in your case, it is only usefull for UPGRADE a genuine HM-10, not for burn a new firmware :wink:

Thank you for your answer! I was going to make a big mistake I think :slight_smile:
Can't wait for your tuto, if it works your gona be a star :slight_smile:
I was wondering one thing: on the cc41a it lacks an external oscillator. Will it not be a pb for an HM-10 firmware?
On this post I saw that they had to change one variable (SET_32KHZ_OSC) to use an internal oscillator
https://e2e.ti.com/support/wireless_connectivity/bluetooth_low_energy/f/538/t/398466
What do you think about that?

The tuto is here :wink: How to flash genuine HM-10 firmware on CC2541 (make genuine HM-10 from CC41) - Networking, Protocols, and Devices - Arduino Forum

You are right concerning the missing oscillator, the problem is I haven't the original files of the firmware, just the compiled version, so it's not possible to change this parameter....

I will make some search to find if it's really significant or now with a HM-10 firmware.

Can someone please PM me the HM10 firmware. I'm having issues connecting to my phone to my device and think a firmware flash will help.

Thanks!

Just flashed two bricked CC41-A modules, both resurrected.

Thanks Hexor..!

RobCE:
Just flashed two bricked CC41-A modules, both resurrected.

Thanks Hexor..!

How did you manage to do that? Please help me out, I seem to have bricked my ble module.

Now, ccloader.exe says 'no chip found'

It would be great if you could provide the bin file that will work, and help me out with how to reclaim the chip.

Thanks in advance!

Here is the picture of setup that works:
https://developer.thalmic.com/forums/topic/2707/?page=6#post-10771

CCloader & *.ino files are here:

Here is some other link that I found useful:

There is an app for iOS that makes using the HM-10 easy to use. It is for a single pin output. There is also a link the sketch for it. I used it with Arduino Nano, HM-10, a Relay, junction box, and an outlet to turn my room light off at night without getting out of my bed. The app is FatBeard HM10 here https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fatbeard-hm10/id1198432512?mt=8

Hii... I faced a peculiar problem while trying to configure my AT-09 BLE Device's baud rate. I used the AT+BAUD2 which has set it to a baud rate of 2400 but now when I run any AT+ Command it prints ERROR twice on the console. But when I just use AT to check the connection the device returns ok. What might be the cause of this problem can anyone please help?

Good day!
Please somebody help me. My JDY-10 displayed in HM10 Bluetooth Serial Lite and successfully connected, but in iPhone Bluetooth settings only displayed when connected (device name JDY-10-v2.4). When connection closed JDY-10 don't displayed in iPhone settings.

rsvsaha:
Hii... I faced a peculiar problem while trying to configure my AT-09 BLE Device's baud rate. I used the AT+BAUD2 which has set it to a baud rate of 2400 but now when I run any AT+ Command it prints ERROR twice on the console. But when I just use AT to check the connection the device returns ok. What might be the cause of this problem can anyone please help?

Hello, have you found a solution to this problem? I did exactly the same and I can't get my module working again..

If anyone has an idea I'd appreciate it..