How can i use push buttons to control servos?

I am sort of a noob to arduino and i want to use push buttons to move a servo up and down. I would need help writing the code and how to hook up the buttons with the servo, i have fiddled with it myself but i could not figure a way to do it. Please help me if you can. Thanks in advance.

Similar to:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=181111.0

Do you have the servos working without the buttons? (That's the hard part! :wink: )

Once you have the servos working under program control, it's just a matter of some [u]if-statements[/u], telling your program what to do if a button is pushed.

The [u]Button Example[/u] will help you with that.

Well... There might be a bit more to it than that... You'll have to keep track of where the servo is (angular position) and then increment/decrement the position, maybe with a with a timer or delay if you don't want it to move too fast.

I've never used a servo, but there is a servo programming library to make the programming easier and I'm sure you can find examples how to wire it up. (Each servo just requires one control wire from the Arduino, and separate power, with a common ground.)

DVDdoug:
Do you have the servos working without the buttons? (That's the hard part! :wink: )

Once you have the servos working under program control, it's just a matter of some [u]if-statements[/u], telling your program what to do if a button is pushed.

The [u]Button Example[/u] will help you with that.

Well... There might be a bit more to it than that... You'll have to keep track of where the servo is (angular position) and then increment/decrement the position, maybe with a with a timer or delay if you don't want it to move too fast.

I've never used a servo, but there is a servo programming library to make the programming easier and I'm sure you can find examples how to wire it up. (Each servo just requires one control wire from the Arduino, and separate power, with a common ground.)

Yes i have servos working i just need help getting them to work with buttons.

mrburnette:
Similar to:
servo programming - Programming Questions - Arduino Forum

yes similar to that but i don't know how he wired it. Do you have an idea?

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,3595.0.html

yes similar to that but i don't know how he wired it.

Did you read reply #1?
The wiring is described in the code.