How to ? Arduino Uno R3+LCD Keypad Display+ DS3231 Clock module

Hi, good afternoon from Nepal. Recently I am in so much into IOT’s. And have thought of starting to give Arduino a shot. I am very much newbie and want to ask straightforward. I am really sorry if this question has been asked before.
I am thinking to create a clock which also give information on the temperature of the room. For that I have researched and following are the hardware and modules i can find in my area ofc in my budget.

1. Arduino Uno R3
  2. 830-point Breadboard
  3. Lcd Keypad Shield For Arduino
  4. DS3231 Clock Module
  5. ESP8266 serial WIFI wireless module For Arduino (optional)
  6. Jumpers/resistors (however I don’t know how much and what type of are needed)

So I will be creating a clock that basically shows the temperature using the DS 3231 module which gets then displayed in the LCD I have chosen. The LCD fits exactly to the Uno R3 and I will have no place to plug the clock module. Basically I need to place the display in the Arduino with the clock module, so I was wondering if I can extend the pins with jumpers/breadboards so I can use Arduino Uno R3,Keypad LCD,and the Clock module all in one project with the resource I have and without upgrading to the other model like mega. Or if I can use the holes that I have in my LCD Display to connect the Clock module. I will be very much happy to know anything from users who have already tried or are friendly.
These are the links to the above devices if needed for exact model number or anything.

http://hamrobazaar.com/i1009331-arduino-uno-r3-original-with-cable.html
http://hamrobazaar.com/i917343-830point-breadboard-for-prototyping-arduino-compatible.html
http://hamrobazaar.com/i917330-lcd-keypad-shield-for-arduino.html

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:YeczWEbnHb4J:hamrobazaar.com/i826343-wifi-module-for-arduino.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=np

Thank you.

You can use a prototype shield in between the Arduino and LCD shield, to get access to the pins not used by the LCD shield. See the LCD Description which pins are used.

I was wondering if I can extend the pins with jumpers/breadboards so I can use Arduino Uno R3,Keypad LCD,and the Clock module all in one project with the resource I have
[/quote]

Yes, it is oerfectly possible to use an UNO board, a LCD keypad shield and a RTC module in the same project,

Simply stack the LCD Keypad Shield on the UNO and those two are connected.

For connecting the RTC you need some soldering then.

The LCD keypad shield provides sseveral solder tags where you can solder wires or header pins.

You need four connections to connect the RTC module with the keypad shield using stacked on an UNO board:
-5V

• GND
    -A4
    -A5

After sttacking the shield on the UNO and soldering some connections for the RTC module, it's just a matter of powering the board (i.e. by USB) and programming a suitable sketch as you want it.

DrDiettrich:
You can use a prototype shield in between the Arduino and LCD shield, to get access to the pins not used by the LCD shield. See the LCD Description which pins are used.

Thank you so much for reply, however the proto shield you mentioned is not available in my country and i am forced to use the modules and the devices i mentioned above, and i can't upgrade to mega for now, on a very tight budget. I appreciate you reply tho. Have a great day. :slight_smile:

jurs:
I was wondering if I can extend the pins with jumpers/breadboards so I can use Arduino Uno R3,Keypad LCD,and the Clock module all in one project with the resource I have

Yes, it is oerfectly possible to use an UNO board, a LCD keypad shield and a RTC module in the same project,

The LCD keypad shield provides sseveral solder tags where you can solder wires or header pins.

You need four connections to connect the RTC module with the keypad shield using stacked on an UNO board:
-5V

• GND
    -A4
    -A5

After sttacking the shield on the UNO and soldering some connections for the RTC module, it's just a matter of powering the board (i.e. by USB) and programming a suitable sketch as you want it.

Thank you so much, this is what i needed. You are the real MVP. Can't wait to start . I know u am already afraid when hearing "you have to solder" but i have a friend who is expert in it. Thank you , thank you and thank you. Since i am going to buy things at once what i needed, help me once again too :smiley: .
How many jumpers/wires will i be needing or resistors also mention if i need to have any specific rated like 10K ohm resistor, the wires and modules are not available in the place i live and have to order it from the capital city and i have to pay shipping since i am ordering from more than 3/4 vendors so all i wanted is to buy things all at once . I hope i didn't ask you a stupid question , sorry if i did. Actually i am very much happy to get a response like this for beginner like me . Once again Thank you so much .

asangam:
Thank you so much, this is what i needed. You are the real MVP. Can't wait to start . I know u am already afraid when hearing "you have to solder" but i have a friend who is expert in it. Thank you , thank you and thank you. Since i am going to buy things at once what i needed, help me once again too :smiley: .
How many jumpers/wires will i be needing or resistors also mention if i need to have any specific rated like 10K ohm resistor, the wires and modules are not available in the place i live and have to order it from the capital city and i have to pay shipping since i am ordering from more than 3/4 vendors so all i wanted is to buy things all at once . I hope i didn't ask you a stupid question , sorry if i did. Actually i am very much happy to get a response like this for beginner like me . Once again Thank you so much .

Also will i be able to attach the ESP8266 serial WIFI wireless module in this same project ?

jurs:

-5V

• GND
    -A4
    -A5

Hi, a guy did this video but the clock module he is using and i am going to use are different , the one he is using has 5 pins where as mine has 6pins, will i have to do anything extra the the video? If yes please help me out.