How to make ENC28J60 work wiith 100mbps

Hi guys,

I have ENC28J60 and I read in Datasheet : https://www.tme.eu/Document/472e1d0493a5e6b5d1fdddb421497a95/enc28j60.pdf

it supported for 10/100/1000 mbps! but it's only 10 mbps!

I have Cisco switch and I accessed inside and I made it to choose 100mbps by force then the ENC28J60 not working and not making negotiation with switch port, then after I made it auto then become working but with 10 mbps.

I am using UIPEthernet library, is it from library or from module it self?

If any one has same experience can help me here :slight_smile:

from datasheet:

Supports One 10Base-T Port with Automatic Polarity Detection and Correction

Compatible with 10/100/1000Base-T Networks

Which controller are You using? What communication speed does Your controller support/handle/use?

I am using ESP32 with SPI connection.

Does the ESP32 and the code it's supposed to run take use of "unlimited" communications speed?

Railroader:
Does the ESP32 and the code it’s supposed to run take use of “unlimited” communications speed?

How can I check that? if supported or not?

What makes You think that 10 MBit/s will not be good enough?

Railroader:
What makes You think that 10 MBit/s will not be good enough?

Because somtimes I got connection failur and I am connecting the esp32 with my cloud php server. Is it related to speed of port? Bcz I am sending data every 5 sec.

If You get communiction failure at 10 MBit/s I really don't believe that it will work better trying to use 100 MBit/s. What are the condicions like signal strength? A light radio shadow giving a low signal level?

Railroader:
If You get communiction failure at 10 MBit/s I really don't believe that it will work better trying to use 100 MBit/s. What are the condicions like signal strength? A light radio shadow giving a low signal level?

How to troubleshoot it to know signal strength and signal level?

@Railroader, it is Microchip ENC28J60 ethernet controller. wired Ethernet
@MKSaeed, see my comment #1

EDIT: MKSaeed, try the GitHub version of the library. it has some fixes

Juraj:
@Railroader, it is Microchip ENC28J60 ethernet controller. wired Ethernet
@MKSaeed, see my comment #1

EDIT: MKSaeed, try the GitHub version of the library. it has some fixes

Yes Juraj, but I am using Cat6 cable with switch port. what does it mean by 10/100/1000Base-T Networks? how can I achieve it?

MKSaeed:
Yes Juraj, but I am using Cat6 cable with switch port. what does it mean by 10/100/1000Base-T Networks? how can I achieve it?

every 10base-T Etherent device is compatible with 100/1000base-T networks, but the it doesn't mean it can run at that speed

Juraj:
every 10base-T Etherent device is compatible with 100/1000base-T networks, but the it doesn't mean it can run at that speed

SO it means if I have switch port support 100 or 1000base the ENC28J60 can be 100 or 1000 mbps?

MKSaeed:
SO it means if I have switch port support 100 or 1000base the ENC28J60 can be 100 or 1000 mbps?

no. it is a 10base-T and nothing makes it go faster