how to send midi over usb with leonardo

Hi everyone,

I have a question. I'm building a drum machine with an arduino leonardo and i got the program running fine, I used rkistner's arcore to get my computer to recognize my arduino as a midi device but i think i'm sending the wrong messages to my computer.

So my set-up is i have some drum pads hooked up straight to my arduino (with a resistor and a diode of course) and i try to send a message like this "144,1,value" for note on through the micro usb port to my computer but my midi software (midi-ox) doesn't recognize the message.
I was wondering if anyone could help me and tell me what message i have to send or if i'm doing anything else wrong that'd be a great help!

Thanks in advance!

this is my program i'm using

drumstel.ino (2.4 KB)

but my midi software (midi-ox) doesn't recognize the message.

The code looks OK so see if you can look at the message using a MIDI scope, that is software that prints out the messages it sees.
The Leonardo will not look like a MIDI device to your computer so you have to use some sort of converter application like hairless.

I note you are sending MIDI messages on Channel 1, don't most percussion sounds live on Channel 13?

have a look here

I found the problem
i was using a debugger plugin for visual studio when trying and i forgot i left it running so that debugger hijacked the connection so midiox didn't receive any signals but when I turned the debugger off it worked like a charm thanks for the reactions nevertheless

and i'm sending on channel 1 because there's only one device hooked up to the computer so it doesn't really matter

and also i'm using rkistner's arcore