How to use khn20401asr4j double 7 segment display?

I have the chip shown here: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/752517429/two_digits_led_nicie_tube_led.html
and tried to look up how to use it. its not like other 7seg displays because it has only 10 pins. any help?

You have to determine the pinout and you also have to determine if your display has a common Anode or a common Cathode.

You are then going to have to study up on multiplexing, which is how these displays are driven. You might want to investigate the 'LEDs and Multiplexing' section of the forum.

Fortunately most of these devices share a common pinout and an image search turned up the one I have attached below.

Don

2-digit 7-segment LED.jpg

joeybab3:
I have the chip shown here: This product is no longer available.
and tried to look up how to use it. its not like other 7seg displays because it has only 10 pins. any help?

At the bottom of the page the pinout is provided. Hopefully its correct (don't be utterly
surprised if its wrong though). All you need to determine the pin out is a 9V battery and a 1k
resistor in series - experiment till you've lit all the segments (or if you have pinout you can
double-check it easily). Any supply in the 3.3V to 12V range will do so long as you have
a resistor to limit current.

This one is multiplexed, which is quite normal for multi-digit displays, all the similar
segments are commoned between the digits.

At the bottom of the page the pinout is provided.

It doesn't show up in Firefox (v26)!

Don

floresta:
It doesn't show up in Firefox (v26)!

You have to "allow" "aliunicorn.com" in NoScript.

Many sites have separate graphics repositories.

You have to "allow" "aliunicorn.com" in NoScript.

Thanks for the information, but I don't think I will be doing that anytime soon.

Don

floresta:
Thanks for the information, but I don't think I will be doing that anytime soon.

Sounds as if you are more paranoid than I am - I presume that you mean you are in fact, using NoScript and reluctant to allow anything you do not absolutely need.

Some would say that you cannot use the "Web" nowadays without JavaScript; the alternate view is that any site which does not at least render a usable page without, is obviously maintained by people who are not competent and by implication, cannot be providing reliable information or a functional product.

I find NoScript maintains an excellent balance - if a page turns up blank, well I do have to think twice as to whether it is really going to inform me but if I anticipate that it is valid information, I can then inspect its references one by one.

I do have a concern about one or more of my banking sites generating a Certificate Patrol warning about doubleclick.net! I think I may have to do some fancy "hosts" footwork to permanently block that guaranteed (by definition) useless domain.