i2c LCD display on Mac OS not working

Hello, everyone. Me and my students have been working on a project that requires the usage of a LCD display. We are using an i2c module to save up on used pins. The module has been working fine on Windows machines, but one Mac computer has been having an issue:

The general idea is that a value registered on a sensor is displayed on the screen. We downloaded the LiquidCrystal_I2C.h library and used it for several tests. As I said, the display has been working just fine on other computers (Windows computers). Initially, we thought it was an issue with either the Arduino board, the cables and connections or the display itself, but we've ruled them out by testing the same code (and other simple examples) with three Arduino boards and three other computers. Only the Mac one has the issue, and it is the following:

#include <Wire.h> 
#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>

LiquidCrystal_I2C lcd (0x27,16,2);

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
lcd.init();
lcd.backlight();
}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
lcd.setCursor(0,2);
lcd.print("Hola pibes");

}

This is the simplest example of a LCD display code. It is supposed to print "Hola pibes" on the screen (we did this as a test). The text is displayed normally on the Windows computers, but in the Mac, we only get the first letter of the sentence (as in the attached image). What is going on? We've come tothe conclusion that maybe the library is not suited to be used on Mac, but we tried a couple more libraries from different sites and none of them worked.

What could be happening?

As I said, we checked the connections, the IDE, the computers and the boards, and all of them work, except in the Mac. Help please :slight_smile:

Use the forum search for bigsur or catalina and you will find a lot of issues with macs.
That same search however will also find you a lot of answers that could potentially fix your issues.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.