Hi @galactical-edge. I'm going to ask you to post some additional information that might help us to identify the problem.
Please do this:
- Close all Arduino IDE windows.
- Start the Arduino IDE.
(this restart was done to start from a blank console pane)
- Select Tools > Board > Boards Manager from the Arduino IDE's menus.
- Repeat your attempt to install Arduino SAMD Boards, just as you did it before.
- After the process fails, click the Close button.
- Click on the black console pane at the bottom of the Arduino IDE window.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all the text.
- Press Ctrl+C to copy the selected text to the clipboard.
- Open a forum reply here by clicking the Reply button.
- Click the
</>icon on the post composer toolbar. This will add the forum's code block markup (
```) to your reply to make sure the error messages are correctly formatted.
- Press Ctrl+V. This will paste the compilation output into the code block.
- Move the cursor outside of the code block markup before you add any additional text to your reply.
- Click the Reply button to post the output.