interface with traxxas rc car and modulate to add stability control

i ordered a traxxas laTrax teton and bought some metal parts and a "MAMBA MICRO X EXTREME 1:18 SCALE COMBO WITH 0808-4100KV MOTOR". its gonna be fast enough to press the throttle and do a back flip, yet only 10 inches long. my question is i need help designing the code to react to various g forces and certain variables. i know what i need parts wise, an uno, a few phototransisters for ground clearance detection and an mpu-6050 to gather movement data. the arduino can operate on the existing rc battery and i have a digital step down voltage converter from a previous project. aside from turning on an led, im pretty new with coding. any help is appreciated. i want it to do whats been done before, the controlled motor and servo on the ground, but also want controlled flips with some if statements. this can be done with "advanced" rc operating technique of throttle in mid air and tilting with the steering as its 4wd. ill also consider selling the assembled hardware that can be directly plugged into the rc receiver and esc so it doesnt interfere with stock receiver transmitter or the esc itself. i have not seen anyone modify the pure tx/rx signals from a receiver, modulate it, and then send it to the esc. can it even be done? needs 2 different tx and 2 different rx for in and out, which is motor and servo in/ out. i also want to eventually add a few mile range fpv system with a sony 2mp cmos camera into the mix too if even possible on the ground. its technically a robotdyn uno has higher clocks and extra pins and micro usb.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

i ordered a traxxas laTrax teton

bought some metal parts
a "MAMBA MICRO X EXTREME 1:18 SCALE COMBO WITH 0808-4100KV MOTOR".

its gonna be fast enough to press the throttle and do a back flip, yet only 10 inches long.

my question is i need help designing the code to react to various g forces and certain variables.

i know what i need parts wise, an uno, a few phototransisters for ground clearance detection and an mpu-6050 to gather movement data.

the arduino can operate on the existing rc battery and i have a digital step down voltage converter from a previous project.

aside from turning on an led, im pretty new with coding. any help is appreciated.

i want it to do whats been done before,
the controlled motor and servo on the ground,

but also want controlled flips with some if statements.
this can be done with "advanced" rc operating technique of throttle in mid air and tilting with the steering as its 4wd.

ill also consider selling the assembled hardware that can be directly plugged into the rc receiver and esc so it doesnt interfere with stock receiver transmitter or the esc itself.

i have not seen anyone modify the pure tx/rx signals from a receiver, modulate it, and then send it to the esc.

can it even be done?

needs 2 different tx and 2 different rx for in and out, which is motor and servo in/ out.

i also want to eventually add a few mile range fpv system with a sony 2mp cmos camera into the mix too if even possible on the ground.

its technically a robotdyn uno has higher clocks and extra pins and micro usb.

Sorry but had to get you post into point form so its readabe.
I would say most forum members will look at your post and give up, because it looks like one long sentence.

Can you please tell us your electronics, programming, Arduino, hardware experience?

You have mentioned many bits and pieces, you know what they are, we possibly don't.
Please post links to data/specs of your hardware.

OPs image;

Tom... :slight_smile:

ConcealedFox70:
. aside from turning on an led, im pretty new with coding.

Thanks @TomGeorge for making the OP's text readable.

@ConcealedFox70, the very first thing you need to do is get well past the "new with coding" stage. What you have in mind is very complex and IMHO you should put the project to one side until you are a reasonably proficient programmer.

Even then it will be a major challenge with a huge amount of trial an error.

...R

ConcealedFox70:
i have not seen anyone modify the pure tx/rx signals from a receiver, modulate it, and then send it to the esc. can it even be done?

You have not looked very far then. Just about every Arduino RC drone and quite a few Arduino RC robots do exactly this, often with multiple motors. It's not easy but it is certainly possible.

OTOH FPV control of a ground vehicle with several miles range is not possible or at least not practical unless you have government-level money to spend.

Steve