I have developed a responsive web app which makes very easy and private the data uploading process. I called it “IoT MyAdmin” in reference to the famous PHP MyAdmin which I used to manage the database.
I hosted it in a Hostinger free domain so please read first the “usage” lines in this post and, if something goes wrong, understand its limitations
It’s completely open source and I uploaded the whole code to GitHub
This is a project I made for college, so you can help me answering this 10 questions usability survey
IoT MyAdmin is a responsive web app designed to upload data to a MySQL database in a easy way from different devices. It was designed specially for Arduino projects, but data can be uploaded from different devices, other web sites or scripts, with a simple HTTP request. The code for data upload is in the web and it’s automatically generated for each device.
Furthermore, IoT MyAdmin has some tools to represent the uploaded data using different types of charts or maps.
This web app has also some tutorial pages to show you with details how it works. Three Arduino projects are also included. Two of them upload data to the web, one using a WiFi shield and the other one using an Adafruit FONA GSM/GPRS module.
The responsive design allows an easy and friendly navigation using different devices, including computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.
First of all, you need to register your new user. You can use your real email or a fake one. There is not email confirmation process. By default a test user is registered, so you can log in as email@example.com/Password123 (be careful with the capital ‘P’). Please do not delete the devices already registered or next users will not see the data already uploaded.
Once you are logged in, a simple menu on the left side allows you to navigate between the different pages.
- Home: Summarize content statistics
- List: List of registered devices
· Clicking on “Add Device” you can register new devices
· Clicking on “Details” you can customize some device features and copy the custom Arduino code
for data insertion
- Last Logs: Shows a table with the last logs
- Data Tables: Shows the data tables for each device
- Charts: Represent device data with different charts
- Maps: Represent uploaded coordinates from location devices using google maps
- Tutorials: Some tutorials about how to use the web site and upload data
- Arduino projects: Some Arduino projects. Two of them upload data using a WiFi Shield or a Adafruit
FONA GSM/GPRS module
IMPORTANT NOTE: Each device has its own password, which is needed to change its features or upload data.
Two devices are registered by default. Both have the same password “password”.
For more details, follow the tutorials in the web.
It is the first released version, so I’m sure it has a lot of things to improve. Please, feel free to fork it and work on it and with it.
I hope it can help someone as it helps me with my projects.