Lm35 not working

I’ve tried many different project with arduino and this lm35 is messing things up…

It’s giving me from 60 to 80°
I’m using the right formulas.
I know that at 20° the voltage is around 200v, but arduino says it’s around 600mv
I tried to test the analog out with the multimeter and it’s giving me the same value.

Do you mean: the LM35 gives you 600mV on the output without anything connected except power and GND? Make sure you have the pins right. AFAIK there are several manufacturers of the sensors (LM35, TMP35 etc.) which do not agree about the pin layout

Hello all

please help me. all of a sudden lm lm35 jumped from 30 to 109 degrees c
what could it be?
I've tried changing it same results

This post certainly demonstrates an elegant economy of language. That economy is so elegant, though, that I have trouble figuring out exactly what you're talking about.

Post your code. If the code is long and complex, you might want to write a minimal sketch that demonstrates the problem. You should also post a schematic of how things are wired - the TI datasheet for the LM35 shows a lot of configurations for using the device, and it's hard to tell from your post how you've hooked yours up. You'll also want to tell us how it connects to the Arduino.

joerack:
Hello all

please help me. all of a sudden lm lm35 jumped from 30 to 109 degrees c
what could it be?
I've tried changing it same results

A loose ground wire.

Do not cross-post. Threads merged.

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/counterfeit-lm34-temperature-sensors/
??