Loop Back Test Failed

Tried the test on an UNO nothing echoed back from serial monitor, when reset is pressed LED 13 (on board) blinks/flashes a few times after jumpers removed. Is the conclusion to be drawn the the board is dead or is there another soultion?

When you try to upload a sketch to the board does the on-board LED flash a few times?

Thanks for your reply, yes D13 LED flashes a couple of times then the RX LED flashes a couple of times > done uploading, then the avrdude message is displayed however still won't blink an LED even onboard.

then the avrdude message is displayed

What avrdude message?

[quote author=Coding Badly link=topic=132655.msg998076#msg998076 date=1353041025]

What avrdude message?

[/quote] common problem on forums, still no anwser

[quote author=Coding Badly link=topic=132655.msg998076#msg998076 date=1353041025]

What avrdude message?

[/quote]

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp = 0x00

Do you have the correct board selected (Tools menu)?

Hi, yes (for my board Uno and OS) I have the correct Board selected under Tools > Board > Uno, also under Tools > Serial Port > COM 3 is selected, I check that prior to verify/uploading code. This has worked well for over a year now no problems until now?

The TX and RX pins should "idle" high. Do you have a voltmeter? If you do, with the board powered, carefully check the voltage on TX and RX. Do they both measure 5 volts?