Low power, 433 MHZ, always ON receiver

I am trying to design a battery (CR2450) powered 433MHz receiver module. The receiver periodically (say every 10 seconds) turns on based on a watchdog timer (of ATTiny or ATmega). It checks for any messages to receive, and if there are no messages, goes to sleep again. I heard that these receivers are very noisy and consume significant current even they are not receiving anything. So, ideally their VCC should be connected to the digital output of Arduino and should be completely shut off when the the Arduino is sleeping. But can the arduino digital output provide enough current to drive the 433 Mhz receiver when it is actually receiving? I can use a transistor switch, but the power loss on the transistor would be significant and will drain the battery. Any ideas?

The receiver I am using http://www.ebay.com/itm/181298383528?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

rick007:
So, ideally their VCC should be connected to the digital output of Arduino and should be completely shut off when the the Arduino is sleeping. But can the arduino digital output provide enough current to drive the 433 Mhz receiver when it is actually receiving?

The specification of the MX-05V receiver says:

• Working voltage: 5.0VDC +0.5V
  • Working current:≤5.5mA (5.0VDC)

So an Atmega controller operated at 5V should be able to provide the voltage and current needed by the receiver on an output pin.