Macbook keeps crashing when I plug in CH340 arduino

Hello guys,

I'm trying to get 2 arduino's connected together with the NRF24, now I have one with my PC connected, and I'm trying to get one connected with my Macbook, I downloaded and installed the CH340 drivers for mac since I know it's a 'fake' arduino. I tried it with my 'fake' arduino nano and my macbook crashed (with the NRF24 connected and without), now I'm trying to connect it with my Arduino mega (with NRF24 connected and without) but it keeps crashing, yes I am using the newest Macbook version, and yes I have the newest Arduino IDE installed.

Can someone help me?

Video included where you can see exactly what's happening!

P.S. Both of these fake arduino's work on my windows PC with the CH340 drivers installed, so the boards itself aren't damaged/broken!

(Edit: I can't upload video's because the max. file size is only 1 MB, I'll add some screenshots from the video)

(Edit 2: Pictures 1.04 MB, nice I'll add a link to imgur with the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/SiuWO )

Do a little in the forum using the SEARCH box at the top.

This behaviour has been seen before and IIRC causes were found for it.

Ballscrewbob:
Do a little in the forum using the SEARCH box at the top.

I have, and all of them said this:
1- They weren't using the newest macbook version.
2- They weren't using the newest Arduino IDE version.
3- They didn't install the correct drivers.

I've done all of these things..

akatchi:
1- They weren't using the newest macbook version.

What does "newest macbook version" mean? There's a well know issue with macOS Sierra and the CH340 driver. AFAIK Sierra is the newest version.

akatchi:
2- They weren't using the newest Arduino IDE version.

That's irrelevant to the driver issue.

akatchi:
3- They didn't install the correct drivers.

What do you mean by "correct drivers" My understanding is you need to remove the official WCH driver and install a modified version. See:

Oh sorry Pert, you're right and that's what I meant but I said it wrong, thanks, I'll try to remove my WCH driver and install a modified one, will let you know if it worked!

pert:
See:
CH341SER_MAC No longer works in macOS Sierra - Installation & Troubleshooting - Arduino Forum

I've followed all the links you posted on that thread, I'm stuck on the 2nd step here: https://www.mac-usb-serial.com/wordpress/support/troubleshooting/ first I have to check if I have conflicting driver with a few commands in the terminal, it shows up I don't, then for step 2 it says I have to plug in my USB and do some other commands, well this part is impossible to do for me, because when I plug in my USB my macbook freezes immediately and crashes... that's the whole thing..

Pert after retrying multiple times, and deleting the old WCH drivers successfully it looks like it worked, but only once until the next restart. I did the whole process again and it looks like it works now man!
Thank you so much, I hope it keeps working, a question: it won’t harm my macbook right or something?

Here are some screenshots (attached), the current is all fine, right? :smiley:

Install year 2008 version of ch340 drivers as latest drivers do not support fake hardware.

mohit-singh:
Install year 2008 version of ch340 drivers as latest drivers do not support fake hardware.

Are you saying the problem was caused by counterfeit CH340 chips? I’ve never heard of that. I’m pretty sure the issue was the well-known incompatibility of the official WCH driver with macOS Sierra.