Macbook pro and installation

On page 22 in book second edition programming Arduino by Simon Monk. I was able to change the timing of the LED but had problem with location of MyBlink which is in documents and arduino is in downloads. I don't know how to combine them. If I click on My Blink it states file is incomplete or damaged. Please help.

It's not clear exactly what the problem you're having is. Please provide more details.

ardandfun:
had problem with location of MyBlink which is in documents and arduino is in downloads.

The location of the Arduino application bundle does not matter. When it runs, it creates the "sketchbook" directory automatically. The examples remain inside of the Application bundle, which means you cannot overwrite them. Which is why the IDE will ask you to save a new file, which defaults to your sketchbook directory. (However, you are not required to save files there.)

ardandfun:
I don't know how to combine them. If I click on My Blink it states file is incomplete or damaged. Please help.

This part of your question is confusing. It might be helpful to take screenshots and post them. (CMD-SHIFT-4 to draw boxes around the windows and dialogs.)

Thanks. I did not have the files in the same directory. I was able to put them in the same location.