Measuring 700 A current with arduino

i need to measure about 700 Ampere current . but i have only ACS712 Current Sensor and arduino uno .
i have also a 100/5 CT.
can you help me that how i can do it ?

i need to measure about 700 Ampere current

These currents are for professionals and you proved by above post that you don't have an adequate training.

What are those 700A used for? Where do you get this current from? I know that car batteries are able to provide such currents for short times. But for such tasks an ACS712 is not usable, you need a very precise shunt resistor in the mΩ range and the measure the voltage drop over it. Take care that your shunt has the right dimension, otherwise it will melt away quite fast.

These currents are for professionals and you proved by above post that you don't have an adequate training.

You can't with those parts. 700 turned down by 100:5 CT is 35A. The ACS712 maximum is 5A.

I would Google "Arduino Power Monitor", use the CT to convert to voltage with use the Arduino analog input pins and skip the ACS712.

A CT (current transformer) is for AC.
So are we talking about AC or DC.
1000Amp hall sensor based clip-on current sensors are available on ebay.
Leo..

i want to use it a factory and running with ac

Pickup a 1000A/5A CT, add an approriately rated load resistor and the ACS712 and away you go. Google "current transformer 1000A"; lots of options.

A better bet is a current transducer - clamp on and converts the ac current measurand into a 4-20mA DC signal - google it

Example transducer is here . This is a much safer option than building your own with a basic current transformer - An open circuit C.T can produce dangerous voltages :

One thought - it’s unusual to see such currents on single phase systems , so you may need 2 current transformers, depending on what you are doing . Get a qualified person to fit this .

i want to use it a factory and running with ac

Don't touch a 700A cable at AC voltage! That's definitely something only professionals should touch and you aren't one.

Are we talking about the same? That must be cables with about the same diameter as and arm or even more...

pylon:
That must be cables with about the same diameter as an arm or even more...

Nah, "only" about 1.5 inches (over the jacket) or so, for continuous operation.

Nah, "only" about 1.5 inches (over the jacket) or so, for continuous operation.

That's for one wire if I remember correctly, a cable with 5 wires will have the diameter of a (quite strong) arm then.

Over 2000 wires.

OK, I lay down my arms, I'm not a native speaker and I seem to have misused the terms wire and cable. Apologize for that.

I thought these 2000 "wires" are called strands and they build one wire. A few isolated wires build a cable. Please correct these terms with the correct English words so I don't misuse them again.

The product I am familiar with is "diesel locomotive" cable, or "DLO" - it looks like this

Each jacketed cable consists of a number of strands, and each strand contains fine wires (e.g., 24 AWG wire).