MEGA 2560 Pin Mapping, What Am I Doing Wrong (or am I an idiot)

An output assigned to pin 95 appears on TX2.

The schematic shows pin 95 as ADC2.

I am obviously an idiot, but I can't figure out what I don't understand.

Am I stupid or am I missing something, my brother tells me, yes, you're stupid

Pin 95 is the physical processor pin, not the physical Arduino pin.

The standard Arduino Mega core functions will not handle the value 95 for a pin too well.

Thank you for your reply and help. I am actually an MSEE >25 years, but feel stupid I can't figure this out. The schematic (Arduino site) shows the Atmel u having 100 pins. Pin 95 -> ADC2. What am I missing please?

Or, I have looked endlessly for a simple piin map from uP to board, never have found one, are you aware of one please?

If you ever have questions about CMOS image sensors, hit me up, I likely was a designer of the one in your phone... car.. laptop LOL

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Hacking/PinMapping2560

Found with a Google search for arduino mega pinout

OK

Look at something like pin 26 of the processor; it goes to pin 13 (marked in green) on a header. Pin 26 is the physical processor pin, pin 13 is the Arduino pin number.

You should forget about the processor pin numbers and only use the Arduino pin numbers (13 in above example).

There are software pin numbers and hardware pin numbers when dealing with the Arduino, STM, ESP thingies. The software pin numbers do NOT correspond the the hardware pin numbers.

Idahowalker: There are software pin numbers and hardware pin numbers when dealing with the Arduino, STM, ESP thingies. The software pin numbers do NOT correspond the the hardware pin numbers.

You're repkying to a thread that is 1.5 years old ;) Thanks to a spammer :(

sterretje: You're repkying to a thread that is 1.5 years old ;) Thanks to a spammer :(

Duo!