Missing part of sms message from sim900

Hello to you all.

I've spent a lot of time trying to receive sms from sim900.
I had it working but suddenly it wouldnt work properly.
Is it possible that low signal can be the reason?
Now I only misses the last part of the text message.
But when uploading to mega I see that avrdude is responding with hundreds of "arduino avrdude: avr read(): skipping page".
I have observed this earlier using a nano when dynamic memory were filled up but now I only use 47% of this memory.
Anybody have a clue????

regards

Kjartan

Anybody have a clue?

Sure. There is something wrong with your code.

If you'd posted it, we might have been able to help.

Source code demonstrating the problem?

Hello.
When I was making code ready for publishing I found the reason for my problems.

The buffer size for the serialports where only 64.
After increasing it to 256 everything worked fine.

Thanks

Kjartan

kjartani:
The buffer size for the serialports where only 64.
After increasing it to 256 everything worked fine.

This might have solved the problem for now. But you more than likely just treated the symptoms of the disease and did not cure the disease.

kjartani:
Hello.
When I was making code ready for publishing I found the reason for my problems.

The buffer size for the serialports where only 64.
After increasing it to 256 everything worked fine.

Have a look at Serial Input Basics. It allows you to receive as much data as you have room for without needing to change the serial input buffer. Just change the value of numChars.

...R