Hello,
I have been developing a few remote sensor monitoring systems and was interested in the NB1500 as an off-the-shelf solution.
However, from amongst the example sketches, only the ModemTest and ChooseRAT seem to work as intended. All of the others throw ERROR at AT+CPIN?.
This is the same, both with Serial Passthrough and using NB nbAccess(true);
I have tested with multiple SIM cards (which work with other modules like Quectel, SimCom...); both in unlocked and locked states.
First I thought it was a board issue, so I purchased another board from the same seller without any luck. The subsequent two times I purchased it from two different sellers, but with the same result.
I have also tried a few different antennas, all of which again work with the other aforementioned modules.
Has anyone had a similar issue or can anyone lend any insight on this? It could be a very stupid oversight from me, so any leads would be appreciated.
It means the modem is unable to read or validate the SIM card’s PIN status.
It typically appears when you send AT+CPIN? or AT+CPIN= and the module cannot access or unlock the SIM.
You might try without a PIN (PINNUMBER="") if your SIM’s PIN protection is disabled.
I got this from the internet as I do not have one of these cards so this may be wrong.
AT+CPIN? Queries SIM status (READY, SIM PIN, SIM PUK, etc.)
AT+CPIN="1234" Enters SIM PIN code to unlock SIM if required
Response Normally: +CPIN: READY then OK — if SIM is accessible
It also showed this:
SIM locked (PUK required) After 3 wrong PIN attempts, SIM is blocked. it now requires a new PUK code from carrier. AT+CPIN="PUK","newPIN"
If this does not help post an annotated schematic along with links to each of the hardware’s technical information.