Modules for cheap wireless

Guys, do you know difference between these 2 cheap wireless devices ?

I'm using these below, but i'm not very satisfied. They working, but distance is just couple of meters (with antena up to 20). On longer distance it just confuse signall ...

Here on pic 2 below are most "common" used. I've found them nearly on every arduino wireless tutorial...

My question is, do you have experience with both to compare ? ... or do you have experience with atleast these on pic 2, how much meters I can get from them ?

Also, when will be in range more same devices, but they will send to each other different messages, can I expect problems ?

Thank you :wink:

1.jpg

They should be about the same. The range will depend mostly on the antenna, which should be a vertical straight wire about 17 cm long on both transmitter and receiver (for 434 MHz).

You can vastly increase the range by using a dipole antenna, like in the attached photo. One end is connected to module ground and the other to "ant". The end-to-end length of the antenna should be 32.8 cm. I get over 300 meters line-of-sight range with this setup, using #14 AWG copper wire (1.6 mm in diameter).