Momentary pushbutton as toggle switch help

I need to use a momentary pushbutton as a toggleswitch. This code works for me but I do not know how to add midi features like chanel, program control etc.

int Button = 0; //This is the default "Button Off" and 1 is "Button On"
int OldButton = 0; //I'll explain later

void setup() {
pinMode(2, INPUT); //Pin 2 is an Input
}

void loop() {
if(digitalRead(2) == HIGH) { //If Pin 2 is high (At 5 Volts)
Button = 1 - Button; //If Button is set as 0 then Button = 1 - 0 (=1) and if Button is 1 then Button=1 - 1 (=0)
}

if(Button == 1 && OldButton == 0) { //If Button is 1 and OldButton is 0 (This means basically means "If the button was just pressed"
//Put what you want to happen when the "Switch" is on here
delay(500); //Delay for half a second
}

if(Button == 0 && OldButton == 1) {
//Put what you want to happen when the "Switch" is off here
delay(500); //Delay for half a second
}

OldButton = Button; //The data is now old
}

Have you studied any of the midi examples? What parts are giving you trouble? It's hard to help you with, "I do not know how to add midi features like chanel, program control etc." because we obviously have no clue what exactly you want to do. Where are you stuck? What do you want to know? Why don't you ask that?

Ok, this is my first code and I get stuck on how to do a troggle switch in digital, I can not find the way and I can not find a concrete midi example. In analogue I have three pots and a troggle swhitch working correctly.

You have code right there to toggle something with a button. What's wrong with that? Does it not work?

What SPECIFICALLY are you asking for?

Nicolp1976:
I need to use a momentary pushbutton as a toggleswitch. This code works for me but I do not know how to add midi features like chanel, program control etc.

My guess would be that the OP is requesting more than a simple 'ON' or 'OFF' button; the OP wants to increase the channel (looping) and/or increase the program control number (looping).

How in the world did you guess all that? All I saw him say was some vague statement about midi. No indication of what he really wanted. I'll leave you to help him.

Delta_G - very intelligent; he'll be back to correct my mistakes.

As for what I suppose you want to do:

int channel =1; //max 4 channels (1 thru 4)
int program =1; //max 8 programs (1 thru 8)

int btn_ch=7; //channel btn = pin7
int btn_pr=8; //program btn = pin8

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
   if(digitalRead(btn_ch) == HIGH) { //If Pin 7 is high (At 5 Volts)
      channel++; //increase channel by 1
      if(channel == 5){channel = 1;} //loop back to channel 1
      Change_Channel(channel);
      delay(1000);
   }

if(digitalRead(btn_pr) == HIGH) { //If Pin 8 is high (At 5 Volts)
      program++; //increase program by 1
      if(program == 9){program = 1;} //loop back to program 1
      Change_Program(program);
      delay(1000);
   }

}

void Change_Channel(int int_ch){
  // do stuff here referencing int_ch
}

void Change_Program(int int_pr){
  // do stuff here referencing int_pr
}

Interesting for this project but what I really want is, and sorry for my ignorance, translate the following code from analog to digital.

int val = 0; //Our initial pot values. We need one for the first value and a second to test if there has been a change made. This needs to be done for all 3 pots.
int lastVal = 0;

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(31250); // Set the speed of the midi port to the same as we will be using in the Hairless Midi software
}

void loop()
{
val = analogRead(0)/8; // Divide by 8 to get range of 0-127 for midi
if (val != lastVal) // If the value does not = the last value the following command is made. This is because the pot has been turned. Otherwise the pot remains the same and no midi message is output.
{
MIDImessage(176,5,val);} // 176 = CC command (channel 1 control change), 1 = Which Control, val = value read from Potentionmeter 1 NOTE THIS SAYS VAL not VA1 (lowercase of course)
lastVal = val;

delay(10); //here we add a short delay to help prevent slight fluctuations, knocks on the pots etc. Adding this helped to prevent my pots from jumpin up or down a value when slightly touched or knocked.
}

void MIDImessage(byte command, byte data1, byte data2) //pass values out through standard Midi Command
{
Serial.write(command);
Serial.write(data1);
Serial.write(data2);

}

Sorry, I cannot help; I'm not into MIDI. Perhaps others can help you. Delta_G was correct - I over-stepped my bounds.

I could help him if he'd be explicit about what he wants the code to do. But I'm not sure what he means by convert this from analog to digital. I need something along the lines of:

"When I press this button the code should do this thing and when I press that button the code should do this other thing."

Like, tell me what it is actually supposed to freaking do. Assume that I haven't been with you through the thought process on this and bring me up to speed. Actually tell me what it is supposed to do and what exactly is stopping you from understanding how to do it.

Nicolp1976:
I can not find a concrete midi example.

Have you looked maybe at the MIDI Library? I'm sure it ships with examples. Have you been here yet? Don't tell me that there aren't any examples of using MIDI on an Arduino out there because I know for certain that there are thousands. It is a very common project.

Nicolp1976:
Interesting for this project but what I really want is, and sorry for my ignorance, translate the following code from analog to digital.

I think what he's trying to say is that he wants to use sequences of button-pushes (digitalRead) instead of a potentiometer (analogRead) as the UI for his sketch.

OP: to accomplish this, you need to specify what button-pushes you want to do what. You have to design the user interface.