My Code

Can anybody help me with my code!
Does it need work or can you give me tips!

/*

Tell Me What You Think Of This Code Put The Leds in the right PLACE! By D.J.B

03:00 22/August/09

*/ int a = 7; int b = 8; int c = 9; int d = 10; int e = 11; int f = 12; int g = 13; void setup () { pinMode (a, OUTPUT); pinMode (b, OUTPUT); pinMode (c, OUTPUT); pinMode (d, OUTPUT); pinMode (e, OUTPUT); pinMode (f, OUTPUT); pinMode (g, OUTPUT); } void loop () { digitalWrite(a,HIGH); delay(500); digitalWrite(a,LOW); digitalWrite(b,HIGH); delay(500); digitalWrite(b,LOW); digitalWrite(c,HIGH); delay(500); digitalWrite(c,LOW); digitalWrite(d,HIGH); delay(500); digitalWrite(d,LOW); digitalWrite(e,HIGH); delay(500); digitalWrite(e,LOW); digitalWrite(f,HIGH); delay(500); digitalWrite(f,LOW); digitalWrite(g,HIGH); delay(500); digitalWrite(g,LOW); digitalWrite(f,HIGH); delay(500); digitalWrite(f,LOW); digitalWrite(e,HIGH); delay(500); digitalWrite(e,LOW); digitalWrite(d,HIGH); delay(500); digitalWrite(d,LOW); digitalWrite(c,HIGH); delay(500); digitalWrite(c,LOW); digitalWrite(b,HIGH); delay(500); digitalWrite(b,LOW); digitalWrite(a,HIGH); delay(500); digitalWrite(a,LOW); }

Learn to use arrays! Learn to use loops! Let the computer do the work for you and save yourself a ton of typing. Haven’t tested it but the following code is probably equivalent, is certainly more compact, and would be easier to maintain going forward.

#define PINCOUNT 6
const int pins[] = {7,8,9,10,11,12};

void setup ()   {
    for(int i=0;i<PINCOUNT;i++)
    {
        pinMode( pins[i], OUTPUT);
    }
}
void loop ()    
{
    for(int i=0;i<PINCOUNT;i++)
    {
        digitalWrite(pins[i], HIGH);
        if( (i-1>0) ) 
        { 
           digitalWrite(pins[i-1], LOW); 
        }
        else
        {
          digitalWrite(pins[PINCOUNT-1], LOW);
        }
        delay(500);
    }
}

Good first effort though, you’re on the right track!

PS: There’s a # sign button in the toolbar. Click it and then paste inside the tags it makes for you.