need help for programming the boost converter output voltage

how to ensure that the output voltage is always the same no matter what is the input voltage. i have done some research and i found out that in order to control the output of the boost converter voltage is to control the duty cycle. formula: vout = vin/(1-Duty cycle).

example, i want a 10V output. no matter how i turn my input DC source from 1V to 5V and my output keep remain at 10 V output.
planned to have 100kHz, 5Vpp and off set 2.5Vdc as i only need to have the top part of the pulse wave.

so how do i program to control my uno microcontroller to replace the job of function generator to control my duty cycle for my boost converter and keep remain have the output voltage that i want to remain the same.

thankyou :slight_smile:

NEED TO PROGRAM CODING TO A DC- DC BOOST CONVERTER TO ENSURE THAT THE OUTPUT VOLTAGE IS REMAIN THE SAME AT (10V)EVEN WHEN I CHANGE THE VIN FROM (1-5V).

THERE IS A 12V VDD GOING TO MOSFET DRIVER (TC1427CPA) THE OUTPUT OF THE MOSFET DRIVER WILL BE CONNECTED TO MOSFET GATE (19N10). VIN WILL BE CONNECTED TO INDUCTOR OF 330uH WHICH LATER CONNECTED TO THE DRAIN OF THE MOSFET. A DIODE (AA4) WILL BE USED AND 150 ohm RESISTER LOAD AND 1000uF CAPACITOR.

And now with slightly less loud pedal and more detail, please?

You are boosting to 10V - why not to 5V?

Perhaps providing us with details of the converter is a good point to start - currently we know
nothing about it and you seek our advice on it?

my schematic is too large to be upload. Sorry.
Planning to do something like PFC.
Currently i would like to know how to set a fixed frequency 300kHz for my arduino as i am going to make the microcontroller to work like a function generation. I am using a 330L inductor which is a bit small so i need a high frequency to ensure a continue waveform. I have a 12 V VDD for my mosfet driver (TC1427CPA) to controller my mosfet 19N10. I need to ensure a fixed ouput voltage of example 10V and my input Voltage can be any range below 10V for my inductor. Got a resistor load of 150 ohm and capacitor of 1000uF.

No, the output voltage depends on the load as well as the duty cycle, so you would normally
use a feedback loop (typically hysteresis control) to set the duty cycle on the fly cycle-by-cycle.

You also need some sort of over current detection or else when the inductor saturates you
blow up your switching device as the current increases massively.

Hi,
How do you mean

my schematic is too large to be upload. Sorry.

Make it a jpg file and attach it to your post.
Use REPLY rather than QUICK REPLY and it has an attachment facility, so you can post your file as an attachment.

Tom.... :slight_smile:

Hi,
Also do you need two threads to deal with the same project?

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=328894.0

Tom.... :slight_smile: