Need help with DC motor

Hey there guys.

I got myself an Arduino starter kit and I was wondering how I could get the DC motor working.
What I am trying to do is make the DC spin when I press a button, The button code isnt hard, but when I try to let the DC spin by putting high voltage to the + and low to the - It doesnt spin.

Any help please...

Have you looked in the Playground?

Stop before you damage something.

The Arduino pins cannot supply enough current to drive a motor. You will need to use a transistor. You can use this circuit diagram from Adafruit to hook up the connections. Add a button and it should all work.

The Arduino pins cannot supply enough current to drive a motor. You will need to use a transistor. You can use this circuit diagram from Adafruit to hook up the connections.

Only for a small motor. For anything that draws significant current, you'll need the transistor switching a separate power source. Details in the playground.

wildbill:

The Arduino pins cannot supply enough current to drive a motor. You will need to use a transistor. You can use this circuit diagram from Adafruit to hook up the connections.

Only for a small motor. For anything that draws significant current, you'll need the transistor switching a separate power source. Details in the playground.

OP did mention it was DC motor from Arduino starter kit.

Specs -

DC motor 6/9V
Rated Voltage — 6V DC
No load speed — 12000±15%rpm
No load current — ?280mA
Operating voltage — 1.5-6.5V DC
Starting Torque — ?250g.cm(according to ourself developed blade)
starting current — ?5A
Insulation Resistance — above 10? between the case and the terminal
Rotation Direction —
CW:[+]terminal connected to the positive power supply,[-]terminal connected to nagative power,clockwise is deemed by the direction of the output shaft
shaft gap — 0.05-0.35mm
Specification — DV
Reference — 100V

djluuky -

There are tutorials everywhere for the starter kit. Please follow them until you know enough to experiment yourself.

Also, please read this post -
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=148996.0

Good luck & have fun!