Need help with MAX9924 Schematic

I am using a MAX9924 to convert a variable reluctance signal to a hall effect signal. I have a module for my working model, but now it is time to move everything to single board and I am struggling with the schematics for the MAX9924. My module has 3 capacitors on it, but I cannot figure out their pinout with the datasheet.
Here is the module:

Here is what I have so far on my schematic:
And the datasheet: https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/MAX9924-MAX9927.pdf
Any help is appreciated!

Sorry that is a new one to me, what is it and what are the signals from it like?

Reluctance, the coffee has worn off at this point in the day. This sensor is essentially the speedometer in my transmission, or Vehicle Speed Senor.

A variable reluctance sensor (commonly called a VR sensor ) is a transducer that measures changes in magnetic reluctance. When combined with basic electronic circuitry, the sensor detects the change in presence or proximity of ferrous objects.

I would say that is correct, I have no experience with the part. COUT would be your signal. Give it a try, the 10K resistors should protect the part.

I was able to poke around my "module" with my voltage meter, and determine the following circuit. Everything aligns with operating mode A2 for this chip except the three capacitors in series tied to the 5V power input. I am assuming this is used as some type of power filter, but I was under the impression a filter would be a 0.1μF and 10μF capacitor in parallel. Can anyone shed some light on this one for me?

1 Like

These three capacitors

are in parallel with each other. Possibly to arrive at some specific µF value.

1 Like

Thank you for that, as you can see I am very much a novice with electronics! Would you be aware of any way to determine an appropriate value for the use of capacitors here ? I'm not sure what principle is being applied to research it.

Capacitors in parallel simply add one to another. So you've got 1680pF in the given schematic.

Do a search for 'capacitance calculator' or 'capacitors in series'.