Need help with project

Hi guys!

I'm very new to Arduino, so I need a little help with my project.

Heres what I want to do:

• Read diagnostics data from my car and store the data locally.
  • Get a GPS location every 1 minute and every time the car starts. Store the data locally.
  • When the car is turned off, sync the data to my iPhone via bluetooth and backup the data from my iPhone to the cloud.

Can someone help me with picking the right Arduino which would be compatible with all of the shields required. Also I need help selecting the right shields for the project.

Thanks!

You can try with simple code to getting stating with project.
In below code you get gps data and print the latitude and longitude .
The library called timer is available, You can sync with GPS and SD card for data recording.

When the car is turned off, sync the data to my iPhone via bluetooth and backup the data from my iPhone to the cloud.
Why do you want to synch it ???

main_c.rar (1.5 KB)

AMPS-N:
You can try with simple code to getting stating with project.
In below code you get gps data and print the latitude and longitude .
The library called timer is available, You can sync with GPS and SD card for data recording.

When the car is turned off, sync the data to my iPhone via bluetooth and backup the data from my iPhone to the cloud.
Why do you want to synch it ???

Thanks for the info.

I want to be able to view the data from a website later to see the diagnostics data and all the locations visited by the car. Thats why I want to sync the data to the web.

This will Include cost for other products/ sheilds. If your learning fine.
If one time use It better to go with offshelf products.

This will be a learning project for me. So its fine if I have to buy some extra hardware etc...

Can anyone recommend the shields I need? Will an Arduino Uno be fine?

Read diagnostics data from my car and store the data locally.
Which are parameter you wanted to diagnostic???
If you want to syn with Blue tooth Check out Distance of transmission of Bluetooth Shield
Else you can use GSM modem to transmit data over phone via SMS

I want to read the usual OBD parameters.

The data will be synced to my iPhone while I'm in the car so I will be about 1-3M away from the device.

What components should I get?

GPS sensor: ub 501b Model

http://www.robotshop.com/en/gps-gprs-gsm-arduino-shield.html