New 3D printer firmware -3DHex-

3DHex is an open source 3D printer firmware. The Host uses the CPU power of any typical desktop computer and generates a binary file. This file then is transfered either via USB or SD Card to the MCU. The MCU sets its outputs according to the raw 0s and 1s that binary file contains.

-User friendly configuration
-Jerk free S-Curve velocity profile
-Option for Trapezoid velocity profile
-Real arc G02/G03 motion with accel-decel phase
-Curve detection with accel-decel phase
-Jump velocity
-Basic thermal protection
-Tested with Arduino Mega 2560
-USB printing max 15KHz step rate
-SD Card printing max 25KHz step rate
-LCD 16x2 support
-Only Cartesian 3D printers
-Software axis alignment

For further information and source code visit

Thanks so much for sharing!

A small suggestion:
I think it's really a mistake to use versioning information in folder or file names. Changing the "3DHex 1.0.0" folder name on every release is really harmful to the version control features of Git. Instead, use either GitHub releases or Git tags for versioning. You could get rid of the "3DHex 1.0.0" folder altogether and just move everything up one folder level.

pert:
A small suggestion:
I think it's really a mistake to use versioning information in folder or file names. Changing the "3DHex 1.0.0" folder name on every release is really harmful to the version control features of Git. Instead, use either GitHub releases or Git tags for versioning. You could get rid of the "3DHex 1.0.0" folder altogether and just move everything up one folder level.

Thanks for your suggestion i have just started using git and github. I have made several prints these days with this firmware with no problems so far. As open source project, i would like to somehow get it known to the public so everyone can contribute to the software development. Any ideas are welcome!!!

If my suggestion is something you’re receptive to, I’d be happy to submit a pull request to implement it. Just let me know if you want me to.

I had a quick look over the repository and that was the only issue I spotted.

I think hosting your project on GitHub was a good choice to make it easy for people to find and contribute.

You can make it easier for people to find your repository by adding relevant GitHub topics:

pert:
I'd be happy to submit a pull request to implement it. Just let me know if you want me to.
Classifying your repository with topics - GitHub Docs

Yes of course.

Hello to everyone.

I have developed my firmware further and the results are pretty impressive.

The new amazing feature is curve detection algorithm.
As you know any slicer splits all curves into tiny segments. 3DHex firmware can detect those splitted curves and then to accelerate and decelerate with scurce velocity profile along the curve.
This is useful because of no need for constant speed to avoid jerky movements and higher velocity smooth prints.

I have also apply a new dark theme to the GUI

You can check also a video how this firmware works in depth