New build first project

I just purchased the above car chassis and a raspberry pi 3 so that I can put together a car for my daughter. What other hardware would you recommend?

My goal is for it to have a camera, to be controllable from an Android device, and to be able to use some of the stuff for future projects.

I have read the following tutorial but wonder if there is a good kit I can buy.

Thanks.

cfedu:
I just purchased the above car chassis and a raspberry pi 3

I think you're on the wrong forum.
Leo..

Wawa:
I think you’re on the wrong forum.
Leo…

I’m planning on an Arduino build with the RP3, I thought they can work together, is there a better forum?

You might only get help here with the Arduino side of your project.
Leo..

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B075LD ... K9XF&psc=1

?

AWOL:
?

the link got messed up,

sorry about that

Why did you buy the RPi?

That chassis seems to be intended for an Arduino.

...R

Robin2:
Why did you buy the RPi?

That chassis seems to be intended for an Arduino.

...R

I bought it for home automation but I think I will just stick with Arduino for the car build, I guess I just need advice on a good starter kit for the chassis that I bought. My goal is to be able to control the car through an android device.

Just get an Uno. That is the best starter board as most add-ons will work with it.

You will also need a motor shield so you can control the motors and a bluetooth module so you can receive data from your Android device.

If you have not spent a fortune on the chassis, my advice would be to buy a complete kit with all the parts and use the chassis for another project when you have more experience.

...R

Robin2:
Just get an Uno. That is the best starter board as most add-ons will work with it.

You will also need a motor shield so you can control the motors and a bluetooth module so you can receive data from your Android device.

If you have not spent a fortune on the chassis, my advice would be to buy a complete kit with all the parts and use the chassis for another project when you have more experience.

...R

Chassis was cheap, but I ended up picking up a complete Arduino starter kit off ebay which will take 4 weeks to arrive from China. I am keeping the other chassis and just needed to invest $6 more since I already have the PI to complete the other one.

Now I have one car on each platform and look forward to testing these out. Hopefully, the next thread I make has a bit more depth to it, but before yesterday I never even heard of Arduino, I thought everything was raspberry, I was getting all f'ed up trying to make sense.

Thank for the help