I bought a nextion intelligent display to use as a GUI for my arduino project. When I received the screen, I immediately started using it. I noticed that the screen has blurry spots on a white background only, not on other color backgrounds.
I sent the display back to the store. The store investigated the device and said that all their screens with a white background have these spots. I accepted the problem and continued with the same device. After reading the manual, following all the directions that can be found online, I have not yet succeeded in turning on the internal LED on the arduino uno by means of a button on the nextion. Every time I click on the graphic button, I see the TX light on the arduino only blinking minimally. It is barely visible in the video, but it certainly responds.
On the ten projects I've imitated over the internet, I get this result every time. a minimal flashing TX and no response from the internal LED. I'm working with these displays for the first time, so it's very difficult for me to figure out wether or not the display is broken or if I'm controlling it wrong. I will discuss the folowed procedure:
- I connect the power wires on a lab power supply with 5V and 2.2 amps.
- I reversed the RX and TX coupled to the arduino ports 0 and 1
- I modified the NexConfig.h by turning off the debug mode and setting the serial2 to serial.
- i exactly imitated / downloaded 10 projects via youtube for 3 days. Projects that work with the official library, but also with the easy nextion library AND projects that do not need to use a library.
- I have played with the baud rate on every project: both on the nextion (by adding "bauds=" in a preinitialized event) and in arduino via Serial.begin, mynex.begin etc)
In all ten projects, the TX light on the arduino responds with minimal flicker. I see on youtube that this light should just light up briefly but brightly. Who wants to help me? Do I have to send the screen back again or am I doing something wrong?