Oled display error (height incorrect)

I have been trying to make an OLED Display run one of the adafruit library examples on an Arduino MEGA 2560 and I've downloaded both the GFX and the ssd1306 libraries. I get the following error message:

This report would have more information with "Show verbose output during compilation" enabled in File > Preferences. Arduino: 1.0.6 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK" ssd1306_128x64_i2c.ino:54:2: error: #error ("Height incorrect, please fix Adafruit_SSD1306.h!");

I don't know what this means what so ever. Ive been searching the forums but they all seem to talk about changing 0x3D to 0x3C so I tried that swell. This had no affect either so I just don't understand what this means.

What is the height of your display?
Post the code you are trying to use along with a link to the libraries you are using.

There are many dimensions for displays, and it sounds like the one your using is somehow not the dimensions of the one for which they wrote the library, or at least is outside of the range of heights that the library accommodates. See if you can find something in the .h file that might be related to the error message.

Read the first part of the ssd1306.h file. You need to edit the file - it tells you how to comment and uncomment lines to change the oled size.