OMG ! I am a God Member !

Due to my 500 times that I have had to ask for help - and the odd times that I could offer advice to REAL newbies - I have been promoted to GOD member ! I didn't even get through Angel member !!

• I am so humbled, and never again will you read in my postings things like OMG, or anything frivalous, or will I omit the second equals sign ........

Congrats!
You have offered help to more than newbs - your input about the TPIC6B595 has been useful to me numerous times as just 1 example.

Congratulations Boffin1
Keep up the good spirits

Greetings from Belgium
Jantje

Congrats Boffin1! And Jantje too. You must have become a God member recently too, judging by your post count.

Nick
Well actually I didn't know untill after that post.
Thanks for noticing Nick :slight_smile:

Best regards
Jantje

Thanks guys, I hope to have a bit more time for the forum soon ( got 4 simultaneous orders out this week, after 2 months without a day off )

My next project is going to be a wireless mesh thingy, using the SIM20 modules. I bought a couple, but the technical info is attrocious, so I will experiment and see.

No doubt I will be " phoning a friend" again on the forum !

Congrats! Boffin and Jantje,

Guess what!!

I'm in the (League of Edison's)

Congrats to you too NI$HANT.

I agree :slight_smile:

I agree too, congrats NI$HANT but it gets a bit hard for an old fart like me to rank our heros like Tesla etc in any order ( and some I must confess I dont remember :slight_smile:

Alphabetical, isn't it?

Well done Boffin, you keep plugging away at things and you learn. That is great.

Doesn't look that way, G before E before T before B? And some others in between too!

Maybe they mean the Terry Pratchett type of Gods? Or perhaps there's a story and a whole forum mythos behind the names? Or it's all just from a napkin brought back after a bar party?

Congrats!! It is often obvious based on post count alone how helpful someone is. Sometimes there are those that post every waking thought, but for the most part those with as many posts as yourself know a thing or two.
-e

GoForSmoke:

[quote author=Nick Gammon link=topic=117118.msg889083#msg889083 date=1344684331]
Alphabetical, isn't it?

Doesn't look that way, G before E before T before B? And some others in between too!
[/quote]

It's OK, just joking about alphabetical. I was thinking of some joke Isaac Asimov made when asked in school about why some prophet was favored before another one, and he replied "alphabetical order, sir" and got a clip over the ear.

GoForSmoke:

[quote author=Nick Gammon link=topic=117118.msg889083#msg889083 date=1344684331]
Alphabetical, isn't it?

Maybe they mean the Terry Pratchett type of Gods? Or perhaps there's a story and a whole forum mythos behind the names? Or it's all just from a napkin brought back after a bar party?
[/quote]
Of course, I'm sure Tesla would like the fact that he is ranked above Edison.

Of course, I'm sure Tesla would like the fact that he is ranked above Edison.

I think in Science ,especially in Physics the Alphabetical order starts with 'E' :smiley:

So the Arduino mythos bar party napkin thing is out?