Pairing one transmitter to a receiver at a time

Hello,
I wanted to have a system with multiple transmitters( remotes) and one receiver. Only one transmitter can be paired with the receiver at a time. You would have to hold down a button and get the transmitter address code before you can pair that specific remote with the receiver. I wanted to know the best way to approach this. My idea was to have every transmitter have a unique address and that address will be sent every time buttons on the remote are pressed. If the "pairing" button is pressed, the receiver would read the command from the transmitter as well as the address and save the address to a receiver Arduino. Now every time a signal or command package is sent by the remote, the Arduino(for the receiver) will check if the address matches. If it does then it follows through with the command. If not, it ignores any command the remote is sending because it is not paired with the receiver. Do you guys think this method would work? Or is there a much simpler way of doing this?

I plan on having about 3 different remotes(with their respective Arduinos) with their own transmitters and unique addresses and one receiver hooked up to an Arduino and "pairing" button.
Thank you

The pairing would be straightforward.
How do you plan to "unpair" a transmitter so that another one can be used?

If you use nRF24L01+ transceivers the “pairing” depends on the addresses allocated. You could have a master that can communicate separately with any one of several slaves if each slave has been programmed with a different address and if the master knows those addresses

In fact there is no actual pairing between master and slave. There is no link between them until something is actually transmitted. A slave will ignore any message that is not addressed to it.

…R
Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial

@jremington
I was planning to just hold down the "pairing button" and then send a command from a different remote. The receiver Arduino would record the address of the new transmitter and only execute commands that have that new address within that command.

@Robin2
Is there a way to do this with an individual receiver and transmitter? Also, can the master have a unique address instead of the slave? That way the slave could check if the address it has recorded during "pairing" is the same address as the master that is paired with the receiver. Or is it possible to make the receiver Arduino the master and the transmitting remotes the slaves?

Briskgotmethrough:
I plan on having about 3 different remotes

For such a limited setup, you could just set each transmitter to broadcast at a specific unique address and then just use your “pairing” button on the receiver to loop between “known” addresses until it receives valid signal on one of them and then stay on that address until the “pairing” button is pressed again.

All of those possibilities are just a matter of code.

Ok makes sense. I'll try it out and see what happens. Thank you all

have a system with multiple transmitters( remotes) and one receiver. Only one transmitter can be paired with the receiver at a time.

How do the other transmitters know not to transmit? If two transmitter send at the same time the message or at least part of it gets scrambled.

Briskgotmethrough:
@Robin2
Is there a way to do this with an individual receiver and transmitter? Also, can the master have a unique address instead of the slave? That way the slave could check if the address it has recorded during "pairing" is the same address as the master that is paired with the receiver. Or is it possible to make the receiver Arduino the master and the transmitting remotes the slaves?

I don't understand what is in your mind that has given rise to those questions. You obviously have some idea in your head which you have not told us clearly.

Why would it need to check that the address is the same when the addresses cannot change?

And if someone reprogrammed one of the Arduinos with different addresses the communication just would not work.

...R