pc to arduino [vice versa] communication via bluetooth

I am trying to communicate Arduino from PC and vice versa through a Bluetooth module [ "Bluesmirf silver" from sparkfun]. I have successfully configured the Bluetooth module by connecting it to PC. I have changed its baud rate to 9600 in configuration mode. The objective of this experiment is to print the characters from serial port terminal application [ coolterm] to Arduino serial monitor and vice versa through Bluetooth.I have connected

VCC of bluesmirf to 5v in Arduino
GND to GND in Arduino
TX to pin2
RX to pin3

connection between PC and the module is successful and the character that I typed in Arduino serial monitor was printed in serial port terminal application window [ coolterm] but the problem is the character that I typed in cool term is not printed in serial monitor.

code:

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

int bluetoothTx = 2;
int bluetoothRx = 3;

SoftwareSerial bluetooth(bluetoothTx, bluetoothRx);

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
bluetooth.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
if(bluetooth.available())
{

Serial.print((char)bluetooth.read());
}
if(Serial.available())
{
bluetooth.print((char)Serial.read());
}
}

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Is anything printed in the Serial Monitor?

If not, and because your code is simple, it looks as if nothing is being received and bluetooth.available() is never true.

You could add a line like this

if(bluetooth.available()) 
  {
    Serial.println("Bluetooth Available is true";
    Serial.print((char)bluetooth.read()); 
  }

just to confirm that

And what happens if you try

Serial.print(bluetooth.read());

The code you have is adequate for testing but you will need something a little more sophisticated to do real work. Have a look at Serial Input Basics

...R

Looks like you did not cross over the Tx and Rx lines?

I used almost the same code like you do, only with hardware Serial1 of my Mega.
In the Windows list I found 2 COM ports for the device, only one of which worked as expected.

When you send "AT" to the device in setup(), you should see "OK" in the Serial Monitor.