PID Temperature Controller with Arduino

Hello guys,

Could you help me please ?

I have a project but i'm not sure to i can do it with arduino.

I have relay,arduino uno, ds18b20 temperature sensor, 220v lamp and all-in-one box.

My purpose is to keep the temperature inside the box constant.(38,5-39,5 °C)

Can i do this with PID and arduino ?

Please give me some suggestions.

Thank you...

Possibly ... depends a lot of the wattage of the bulb, the size of the box and if the temperature sensor is shielded from the direct heat of the bulb .

Using a relay might not be the best plan as you might need something to vary the heat output from the lamp

If i decide to make, how can i calculate pid values? Can someone help me?

Almost impossible to calculate the PID values , you need to tune the values yourself . Google “tuning PID”

Most such projects end up with a bang-bang controller. If the temperature gets too low start heating, and if the temperature gets too high stop heating.

Tight temperature control is not easy to do with a relay.

You only need to replace the BTU lost so your heater should be selected to deliver heat as close to the amount that is lost. The further you get from matching heat input to heat lost the more elaelaborate your controls need to be.

It would be wise to pulse the heater at a 50% duty cycle of 1 minute intervals and log the heat delivered. Then repeat at 5 second intervals

Longer on times will deliver more heat

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum. http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html .

Have you googled?

arduino pid controller ds18b20

Can you tell us your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?

Thanks.. Tom... :)

TomGeorge: Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum. http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html .

Have you googled?

arduino pid controller ds18b20

Can you tell us your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?

Thanks.. Tom... :)

I am so sorry . I didn't read these rules. I will be more careful next time . Thank you for your helps . I am student at Mechatronic Engineering and i have a little bit electronic experience.