Poll: AI and the future of the Arduino Forum

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I'd like to draw your attention to a poll that is closely related to programming. I'd appreciate as many of you as possible taking part:

I believe this is cross-posting
(No AI was used in generating this post)

@InquisitiveMind
Why not move the poll to this topic?

There is already a thread on this topic of AI and the forum that is about three years old, and my poll explicitly refers to the discussion and background information in that thread.

Since that category doesn't appear in "Latest", however, the poll would probably reach very few people there β€” especially the active helpers here in "Programming", who are directly affected by the question.

A-I already scrapes this forum and presents topics on the their site as if it was their own.

The topic on this forum: AI slop site based on forum topics

One of the topics scraped: Arduino UNO project: 7 segment module (3 inch, 3 digit) behavior problem

The a-i scraping URL (intentionally un-linked inside "tic" marks): https://dredyson.com/my-arduino-uno-7-segment-module-3-inch-3-digit-behavior-problem-after-6-months-complete-step-by-step-fix-guide-with-real-results-from-my-arcade-machine-project/

I think AI tools like ChatGPT should be seen as learning and productivity assistants rather than replacements for programming skills. They can help users understand concepts, troubleshoot errors, and explore possible solutions faster.

However, it is important to review and understand the output instead of blindly using AI-generated code. Responsible use with proper guidelines can help communities benefit from AI while maintaining quality and learning.

Thanks for sharing your view. However, the original thread would be the better place for this discussion. This topic was, and still is, only meant to draw attention to it.

You can also take part in the poll there. It's rather disappointing that this topic has now reached 138 views, while the anonymous poll still has only 13 voters.

Here you go: Officially ban ChatGPT and AI - #1221 by InquisitiveMind

Have you been observing the generated captions on images in the Forum? Unchecked. At least that will become a good reason for keeping the youtube/copy/paste away because the information is so inaccurate, they'll think programming electronics is all somke and mirrors. Thanks, A.I.

My evaluation of the poll results can be found here: