Ports, Power, Servo problems

Have successfully used Arduino with two Uno's and a Mega for several months running version 022. Have a Mega attached to over 30 simple magnetic switches reading digitally. Sending infomation as one char to an Uno via XBee. Verified Mega sending correct char and Uno reading (serial) the correct char. Based upon char the Uno controls three servos moving them to different settings based upon the char received. The Uno is mounted on a carriage which moves around a track passing over the magnetic sensors thus inputting the position to the Mega which transmits appropriate char to the Uno. Uno powered by 9V and the servos by a Lithium 7.4 volt battery. This had worked. Changed to a power supply which transmitted power via copper strips the carriage moves over. When tried to run servos via this power supply no success. Tried running servo off 7.4 V no success. Swithed out servo (tried six different ones), no success. Hooked Uno back up to computer and trouble keeping port open even with servo disconnected. Eventually hooked up Uno to computer alone and tried running "Sweep" sketch on simple Futaba and HiTech servos and absolutely nothing. Tried this with another Uno and even the Mega and no servo response. It is as if the Servo commands are no longer valid. The boards appear to be functioning as I can run "Blink" and other programs not involving servos. I even downloaded Arduino 1.0 and tried running "Sweep" still no servo movement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

donoldeng:
I even downloaded Arduino 1.0 and tried running "Sweep" still no servo movement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Either you have things wired wrong or the Arduino outputs have dies or the Servo inputs have died.

Are you sure the Arduino ground and the Servo ground are still connected?