Pro Micro port/pin info

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a pinout diagram (or a simple table) for a Pro Micro (Sparkfun designed) that shows, for each Arduino pin, the corresponding port/pin on the atmega32u4. I want to do some direct port manipulation.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Paul

Thanks Ray!

Seems if I want to use a complete port, my best options seem to be port D (I can get everything except D5) or port B (everything except B0). Or I could use D0-D3 and B4-B7.

If you are good at soldering, it would be possible to access PB0, by soldering a small wire to the correct end of R4.

Or just get R4 hot and remove it, and solder to the pad that r4 was soldered to.

I may be doing this myself, as I'd like to read 8 bits of parallel data from a camera module

I'm not that good at soldering! To be honest, I need 8 data bits plus 4 control bits, so 2 ports needed anyway. If I use my lower-nybble-on-D/upper-nybble-on-C suggestion above, I can set the 8 data bits using bitmasking alone without having to shift any bits. Saves a few cycles...

Hi Paul,

No worries.

I definitely need a whole byte, and don't have time to do 2 reads plus masking etc, as I think my data is arriving from the camera at 1MHz with no way to slow it down.

So I will either need to use an arduino mini instead of micro and keep disconnecting the rs232 or perhaps reprogram it via spi, but soldering onto one SMD resistor seems a lot easier.

I will let you know how I get on. :wink: