Product license (328p + CH340 / 32u4)

Hello,

I'm working on product I'd like to sell in future. But I've got some questions regarding license.

End user will be able to change product settings with USB port serial with my software. I'd like to release my product calling it "XYZ" (nothing connected with Arduino).

I've got two options in my mind:

1. Atmega328p, breadboard bootloader (no crystal - less EMI) + CH340 / CP2102. PC will recognise it as CH340 (that's ok for me), do I need to get USB Vendor ID, or just can use CH340 one?

2. Atmega32u4 with crystal (USB communication to work properly), Leonardo bootloader. PC will recognise it as Arduino Leonardo, but I'd like to change that to name of my product. Then I think I need new Vendor ID, am I right?

Next thing, everything will be programmed with arduino IDE, without any libraries, then do I need any licenses?

Kamool:

1. Atmega328p, breadboard bootloader (no crystal - less EMI) + CH340 / CP2102. PC will recognise it as CH340 (that’s ok for me), do I need to get USB Vendor ID, or just can use CH340 one?

I think you can use the CH340 VID/PID if you like.

Kamool:
2) Atmega32u4 with crystal (USB communication to work properly), Leonardo bootloader. PC will recognise it as Arduino Leonardo, but I’d like to change that to name of my product. Then I think I need new Vendor ID, am I right?

Correct. You’re not allowed to use Arduino’s VID. Note that there are actually two PIDs: The bootloader (which will appear after a reset and during upload), and the user application.

Kamool:
Next thing, everything will be programmed with arduino IDE, without any libraries, then do I need any licenses?

Keep in mind that, even if you don’t #include any libraries, the Arduino IDE is still automatically using the Arduino core library code to provide the standard Arduino API, as well as the toolchain. If you’re using any of that, you should study the licenses and make sure your use is compliant.

Ok, then option 2 is not possible for me right now.

Regarding option 1, then I can just throw CH340C chip in my product and I won't have to pay anything except for chips?

When it comes to Arduino core library isn't that LGPL? My understanding of that is that I can use that without making my code open to public as far as I'm not making any changes to original code.

I would offer that you might be putting the cart before the horse.

you can develop your work on the Arduino.

then get a similar chip that does not have the bootloader
write your software in C or C++

then, your device is programmed with only your code.

the bootloader is not required and I believe that many on this forum are more than capable of writing code for the chip and not for the bootloader.

if you have working code on the Arduino platform, and your skills are not up to porting, you can hire someone to do that.
assuming your code is working perfectly, that would not be a huge project.
And, if you advise your programmer to make sure you are not violating any copyrights, they would advise where there might be conflicts.

Here's the core library for Arduino AVR Boards:

I haven't looked at the licensing of the various files in there.